“Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Extreme Iceland Tour Operator! Extreme Iceland is a fully licensed travel agency that offers scheduled tours and private tours, both day tours and multi-day tours. We organize extreme winter super jeep tours, activity tours, day trips, longer tours, car rental self-drive tours, accommodation, all sorts of celebrations or just basically anything you can think of. A strong focus is placed on providing the best available service. The tours are operated by Extreme Iceland directly or teamed up with other accredited travel agencies of high professional standard. We specialize in tour design and travel operation for both scheduled and private tailor-made trips, summer or winter.
Moscow, Russia
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I would like to thank the Extreme Iceland's staff for being very friendly and helpful with my case. They helped me to find my raincoat which was found on the other side of Iceland and I will be very glad to suggest all my friends and comrades to try this innovative type of excursions via this amazing company. I am sure that it will be worth it :)

Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Glacier Snowmobile trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had a fantastic trip last Saturday 9/8. We were picked up from Gullfoss Cafe and driven through mountain roads to a base station, at which point we put on the waterproofs, cover shoes, gloves and helmets. There were sizes to fit all, at 2m tall I expected that there wouldn't be one long enough, but I was pleasantly surprised.

A large bus took us to the foot of the glacier where we were given a short instruction on driving a snowmobile, then we were off. Initially along a marked pathway until we hit open snowfields, at which point we could ride around, pretty much as fast as you wanted / dared!

The guides took us along some more tracks, then we had a break for photos and checking out the glacier. The break was probably 20mins, I think it could have been shorter.

A further long ride and back to the foot of the glacier. From start to finish an hour as advertised.

Snowmobiles are great fun to drive, easy to control. The speeds possible were immense, or at least felt so (85 kph).

Our guide was excellent, funny and chatty. He even took the jeep off road a couple of times on the way to the glacier for fun.

Only minor points, hence the 4 stars, was the break in the middle of the trip being a little longer than I think necessary, and also the company cancelled our Gullfoss pickup after I had booked, but then reinstated it.

Visited August 2014
West Midlands
8 attraction reviews
“2 day trip to Jokulsarlon Ice lagoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was part of our Christmas holiday in Iceland. Picked up on time from hotel and since first on the coach we sat at the front, great for views but a little unnerving due to weather conditions. Heavy snow and strong winds made journey difficult but our driver Jon handled it well. Visits to waterfalls on way were well worth seeing but ice underfoot made it difficult to stand. Arrived at black sand beach of Dyrholaey in wonderful light then onto Vik for sunset photos. Hotel room basic and little choice of expensive meals. Next morning still in dark we were taken to Jokulsarlon ice lagoon, we waited as sun came up, wonderful pink light. Then under bridge to beach as sun appeared on the ice scattered on the black sands. A memorable experience and I did not want to leave. Interesting journey back with weather improvement. My partner did the glacier hike but I chose not to being in my sixties and thought it a bit risky. I was well entertained in the café by the locals and enjoyed getting to know them more.
The whole trip was well organised and friendly, we were the oldest by far since rest of mini bus were mostly Japanese students who did not interact with us at all, but Jon the driver was good company and gave us lots of information. We loved the whole 2 days experience and another driver told us the conditions were the best he had seen. I have just made a photo book of the holiday and am reliving it all over again.
I would recommend this company in every respect, this 2 day trip is well worth the money and in the winter is extra special.

Visited December 2013
New Delhi, India
10 attraction reviews
“Extremely Well Done - Extreme Iceland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were a group of Eight on a Cruise To Iceland - Reykjavik. I wrote to about 8 tour Companies for sightseeing around Reykjavik. Extreme Iceland gave us a very good private tour deal for the 'Golden Circle' and local sight seeing the next day. They included a Geo Thermal Spa - 'Fontana' for free. On arrival at the Port we had Diddy waiting for us. He was really good. A chef by profession, had taken time off to do the job of a tour guide. He drove us around for almost 9-10 hours. His knowledge about the place & history of really good. He also enjoyed some of our Indian snacks that had with us.
The next day Britta came to take us sight seeing around Reykjavik. She was really good too. She had visited India - she understood our culture well. She took us to Blue Lagoon and through the streets of the City.
The entire two days were really wonderful that we spent with Extreme Iceland. Bjorn - the Boss was very understanding of our needs. Pity we did not get to meet him.
Highly recommend to Tourist visiting Reykjavik to make use of thrie Service.
I also googled "Extreme Iceland" on the Tripadvisor sight. That's what made me choose them too. Thank you Tripadvisor

Visited July 2014
Seattle, Washington
56 attraction reviews
“South coast tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This tour is a must! Visit huge waterfalls and see volcanoes. We also got to watch an educational video on a recent explosion! We lives the cute overnight bed and breakfast in hoft you will love the culture and raw beauty. Also our guide was awesome with only 4 people in our group! We loved every minute!!!!