“Scuba diving in Silfra” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 257 Activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: DIVE.IS is Iceland's first and only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and leading Dive & Snorkel Tour Operator since 1997. We operate Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Tours to Silfra all year around.We also conduct Diving Day Tours to other dive sites and Multiple Day Tours and Dive Expeditions all over Iceland.
Askim, Norway
“Scuba diving in Silfra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I want to say tank you, to the dive guides at dive.is, for one of my best dives ever. Or actually two dives. I went out with a party on the 22. november, one taking the OWD, and two others taking their dry suit cours, and me just taking photos and trying not to get in the way for the students. I read a notise here that say that the divers did not get informed enogh in diving whith dry suit, I have more than 300 dives in a dry suit, and cant figure out what more they shuld have teach about it. I am pretty sure of one thing, that Dive.is take care of their costumers. I am more than wiling to go back for several more dives with them, and gladly recomend them for everyone visiting Island. This trip is definitely somthing else than the regular scuba diving back in Norway. The crystal clear water, and narrow ravine, to bad I had to go back home.

Kind regards
Magne Dyrdahl

Ottawa, Canada
“The COOLEST Dive on Earth !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

Hands down the coolest dive I've done todate (I'm a DM with 200 dives behind me). SILFRA is amazing and it was freezing cold outside on the day we went but the Dive.IS team were terrific and made it enjoyable and well organized. Just wait until you jump in to SILFRA crack and see the crystal clear water and touch the two continental plates. Once is lifetime and well wort the 12 hour plane ride I took over just to dive in Iceland. New divers be comfortable that Dive.IS team is great and will help you. Seasoned divers... your experience some amazing cold water diving and Dive.IS brought all the grear wich was high quality and fit well. Day 2 was Kleifarvatn lake and Bjartnagia (great for small group). A trip I would definitily do again with Dive.IS. Christopher

UK
5 attraction reviews
“Silfra Diving tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

The team at Dive Iceland are heros. Our guide Alf helped the three of us into and out of equipment that we were unfamiliar with, all in sub zero temperatures. He really did an amazing job in and out of the water to keep us safe and enjoy our time. He was a pleasure to spend the day with, for the geysirs and the Gulfoss waterfall as well. As for the dive, Silfra leaves you speechless. You can't ever use the word "awesome" again, without thinking of swimming out over cliff edges looking out and down as far as the eye can see in indigo blue Silfra water. That was a dive we will remember for the rest of our lives.

New York, USA
6 attraction reviews
“Good experience, with a single suggestion for improvement.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010 via mobile

My fellow divers were all a fun bunch, representing many different countries and cultures. The sights of Silfra are quite awesome. Virtually no wildlife, pretty much what you expect to see and not much more. Rocks. But think about the continental rift and it becomes pretty cool again.

You perform the same dive twice, not different dives. That didn't bother me, it allows you to use one run as a rust-knocker-off'er or a self tutorial for dry suit diving.

**: The instructors were solid in their duties except they DID not teach the four of us with any prior drysuit experience a thing about how to dive differently with a dry suit. On the drive over music is played in the van as you read a couple printed out pages on how a dry suit works and such. This, however, is never reinforced during the later learning process of hands on dry suit diving. Instead of playing music, maybe discuss how it is going to be different. Or take a longer time to discuss the actual suit. Many of us had buoyancy control difficulties that I believe were due to improper inflation of one's BCD, drysuit or a combination thereof.

With this being said, do the reading prior and enjoy the dive. I had a wonderful time, they are a great bunch. Expect to pay ~$40 for a burnt CD with pictures on it. But hey, those are Icelandic prices and quite priceless to keep.

St. John's
“What a view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

We had a great day for diving - and our guides Tobias and Lidia made it all the better. They were patient with me (a very new diver) and made the experience totally comfortable and fun ... while also meeting the needs of the more experienced diver in the group. Very informed and interested dive leaders!

But above all, the scenery is just incredible. Highly recommend checking this out - a dive unlike any other.