“BUCKET LIST TICK!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: DIVE.IS is Iceland's first PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and leading Dive & Snorkel Tour Operator since 1997. We operate Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Tours to Silfra all year around.We also conduct Diving Day Tours to other dive sites and Multiple Day Tours and Dive Expeditions all over Iceland.
Lake Macquarie, Australia
52 attraction reviews
“BUCKET LIST TICK!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

46 YO Male from Australia. Dived in Malaysia, Borneo, Thailand, Fuji, Cook Isl, and around Aussie since 1991.... Wreck & Rescue Diver so have some diving experience and I can say this is THE best dive I've done. You DON'T need to even be that experienced as the dive staff are well trained and the gear is top notch! Had a great time in -2 C glacier water at 18 meters, 150 m viz. Fully recommend it (Did the dive today and still in awe). Thanks fellas, that's a major bucket list tick! Will return definitely!
Dave Lewis

“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

09/11/2013 19:23
Bianca Stommel
I wrote: Snorkeling in wintertime in Iceland...sounds weird, but absolutely a great thing to do!
Had an awesome day!
The tourguide Chris helped out where he could and explained everything very well.
Had some good chats with him during the trip.
Yes, absolutely worth to try! Adventurous and great sights.
Golden circle and snorkeling in Silfra, can't get any better!
On the way back everyone fell asleep, it was dark outside and thankfully the guide let us sleep ^^
Silfra is breathtaking, swimming between the tectonic plates...just wow! And the water is SO clear that I got afraid of hights!
I would definitely recommend everyone to do this!

Visited December 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“Incredible diving experience! Must do when in Iceland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Silfra was truly incredible. I still struggle to find words to describe how beautiful and out of this world it is down there. I saw pictures and read reviews before I went but was still blown away. The day we went was also very sunny, so in addition to the deep vibrant blue, we had amazing underwater rainbows everywhere! I'll do this again if I get to go back to Iceland and I'll definitely do it with Dive.IS. They were very responsive and helpful when I booked the tour and everything was great from the moment Chris and AJ picked me up from the hotel. I admit the walk from and back to the car park was tough with all the heavy gears, but it was so worth it and AJ and Chris were very helpful throughout. We kept saying among ourselves that we couldn't quite believe how they prepared and took care of all the equipment for us. It simply was 'be there and enjoy' for us. AJ took my weight belt after the first dive without even being asked. I guess it was obvious I could do without that extra 10 kg during the walk back. He also went in seach of any possible stray cods for us during the dive. There wasn't any but I thought it was a nice effort. So, great guides, great equipment and all in all incredible diving experience!

Visited October 2013
Quimper, France
3 attraction reviews
“When do I go back???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I went diving twice with Dive.is in the last couple of weeks. The first time with Hana, to do the Dry Suit Course, then with AJ for a "regular" dive.
First thing first, the course: before that day, I hadn't dived for ten years, so I was quite unsure about my diving skills. Hana took the time to refresh my memories. All along the day (including three dives in crystal clear water), she was always checking on me and the other diver following the course. And although very professional, she was also very friendly, and quite fun to spend time with!
The second time, I went diving with a friend of mine, AJ and two other divers. No problem there either, far from that. Joking around while checking all our gears, our guide made us feel quite comfortable and try and managed to make a fun adventure of two dives in a 3°C water! And a nice surprise at the end of the day ;)
During these two days, I met (quickly) 5 staff members. All of them were very friendly and chilled out. I had no problem with the gear they furnished and both Hana and AJ made sure we get as dry as possible during the day. The hot chocolate and cookies are a very nice bonus when we come out of the water!
Thank you for these awesome two days, and probably see you soon ;)

Visited November 2013
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Unique Snorkeling Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We did this tour on our honeymoon trip to Iceland and it was outstanding! The snorkeling experience was amazing and our guide, Louis, was so friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this adventure to anyone. They make sure you feel comfortable, prepared and the views from beneath the surface are awe inspiring. Thank you, DIVE.IS for making our honeymoon so special.

Visited October 2013