“Wonderful trip Snorkling & Golden Circkle Tour !!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 257 Activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: DIVE.IS is Iceland's first and only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and leading Dive & Snorkel Tour Operator since 1997. We operate Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Tours to Silfra all year around.We also conduct Diving Day Tours to other dive sites and Multiple Day Tours and Dive Expeditions all over Iceland.
Voorschoten, The Netherlands
5 attraction reviews
“Wonderful trip Snorkling & Golden Circkle Tour !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

On monday 21 oct we went with our guide AJ on tour to do the snorkling and the golden circle tour. We were pick up on time and drive a nice road to the thingvellirpark were we go to snorkling. After put our warm dry suit we were in the water and enjoy a lot of amazing underwaterworld in Iceland.Water was really clear and it was amazing our view ! AJ had mae lovely pictures what we have received for free after the trip ! After the warm choclate and snack we drive to de the golden cirkle. Nice journey, we have had lot fun and AJ tells a lot of the history about the Geysir and nice waterfalls !! At the end of the day and the rest for the week we still enjoy from this wonderful trip ! Thanks a lot AJ for the wonderful day !! I can advise and I am proud about Dive.Is organization !! greetings Paula and Theo vd Broek

Montreal, Canada
“Snorkelling in the Silfra!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had an amazing time with Anna, our guide. Everything was fabulous! The equipment was clean, the staff was nice and the the snorkeling experience: speechless! You look under the water: what you see is spectacular and you then you look outside the water and the view is unbelievable! Would redo it anytime!

West Malling, United Kingdom
“Fantastic experience, staff and crew were amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Did the 3-Day Reykjavik Dive Tour, what an amazing weekend!! Spectacular diving, amazing staff which helped with my arrangements and the dive crew were faultless making the dive prep as easy as possible. There was huge expectation for the Silfra dive, and it did not disappoint. I can't wait to do it again.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
“Silfra Snorkel on Oct 6”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stopped to do the Silfra Snorkeling tour while on my day of driving the golden circle. I met the group at the Thingvellir information center and followed the vans in my rental car 2 minutes to the diving site. The guides were excellent, taking their time getting everyone suited up and explaining the dry suits to us. At the end we got to jump off the ledge (if we wanted) and were given hot chocolate and cookies.

Yes, the dry suits are extremely uncomfortable, especially around your neck and wrists. I knew this going into it, which is why I didn't deduct any stars from my rating.. The 30 minutes I was in the water were fantastic. Only my face became cold and the dry suit wasn't so bad. If you are the least bit claustrophobic, and on the fence about this I would suggest skipping it. They aren't lying when they say the dry suits are tight and constrictive.

There are some people who will be able to handle this, and some people who won't. Think about it before you book this tour.

Toronto
3 attraction reviews
“Clear as it gets...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a great day out doing my dry suit course with this company at Silfra. Instructors were prompt, friendly and professional. I really appreciated their interest in the history and culture of the area as well as their knowledge about the dive site itself. The gear was in good repair and the suits + undergarments clean. They dive with steel tanks which I prefer, but along with the extra cold water weighting, I felt fairly laden down and was very appreciative of the extra help getting suited up. I loved the buoyancy control with the dry suit and will certainly consider it for warm water dives now. The site itself is dazzling and fell worth the chill - I think this is my best dive to date! Look forward to doing more diving in Iceland on my next stopover.