“First rate diving and cookies!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: DIVE.IS is Iceland's first PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and leading Dive & Snorkel Tour Operator since 1997. We operate Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Tours to Silfra all year around.We also conduct Diving Day Tours to other dive sites and Multiple Day Tours and Dive Expeditions all over Iceland.
Portland, Oregon
18 attraction reviews
“First rate diving and cookies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

My 13 year old son and I spent two memorable days diving with AJ of dive.is. We had a blast! We did our drysuit certification at Silfra. Neither of us had dived in dry suits before and AJ walked us through the ins and outs of it. Silfra was amazing. We got into the water after our lesson and had all of Silfra completely to ourselves. The water was so fresh and clear that we drank it during the dive. Visibility was fantastic and the dive was just phenomenal. The next day we spent at Lake Kleivarvatn where a blizzard (at least in my estimation, given that I am from snow-free Portland) rolled in while we were gearing up to dive. Totally a surreal experience to be putting on fins in a snowstorm. I highly recommend it! The visibility wasn't clear like Silfra but the geothermal hot springs under the water were quite a trip to experience and felt really neat. After the dive we headed up to an above ground geothermal hot spring where we had tons of fun climbing up the side of an extremely smelly and slippery mountainside. The view was simply amazing. AJ was highly knowledgable and very funny. After the dive/hike he took us to a site where they were drying thousands of stinky fish, as he told us, to get rid of the sulfur smell of the hot spring. We had the most interesting aroma for the rest of the drive back, and none of us could stop laughing. We very much enjoyed our time with him and will be diving with dive.is every time we go back to Iceland. Now - about the cookies - they introduced us to Hobnobs, a British cookie that is perfect post dive food. Thank goodness we can order them on line as we both have a bit of an addiction to them now.

Visited March 2013

“This trip 'rocks'!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Absolutely outstanding. As like most things I have visited in Iceland it was very professional. We was picked up on time taken there and given warm suits. We were taken through the silfra which is so clear. I have to give extra credit to our guides ted and Ian who gave the trip an extra touch and made it a funny day!

This trip has made my holiday and I would definitely do it again and I therefore recommend this as a must do in Iceland.

Visited April 2013
“An absoloutelty incredible experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

The two dive masters from dive.is ian and ted were brilliant nice guys who were very informative, enthusiastic and put our enjoyment first.

I dived the silfra with dive.is and i had never dived with a dry suit before but they introduced me into it nicely and made me feel safe. The dive its self was amasing its a phenomenal sight through out with perfect visibility.

A definet must do ian and ted made my dives 10x better.

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Diving in Silfra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

It was a really unforgettable experience. Both Nina and A.J. were very helpful. Everything was done in a fast and well organized manner. the diving site itself is unique with a 100m visability and the opportunity to dive between two continents. I paid a small extra amount for the photos and video made during our two dives. This is a fantastic memory from this special day. I forgot my phone in the car on the way back. dive.is responded to my email immediately (obviously I couldn't call them without a phone) and I had it back in an hour.
I had a fantastic day!

Reykjavík, Gullbringusysla, Iceland
“Once in a Lifetime Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had a great time snorkelling in Silfra with Dive.is. I went with a group of exchange students and because Dive.is is willing to work with groups, something that would otherwise not be doable for me became very accessible to all of us!
I have never done anything like this before and was totally put at ease, thanks to our guide Jessi. Our group had a great time! Having never worn a dry suit before, it was an interesting experience. And the view was breathtaking! The pictures turned out amazing too! This has been one of the highlights of my trip and I have been recommending it to everyone.
It is well worth the price and you get to see a part of Iceland you would otherwise miss. Plus you get to say you swam between two continents, how cool is that!!

Visited February 2013