“Good for the clumsy” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 258 Activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: DIVE.IS is Iceland's first and only PADI 5 Star Dive Centre and leading Dive & Snorkel Tour Operator since 1997. We operate Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Tours to Silfra all year around.We also conduct Diving Day Tours to other dive sites and Multiple Day Tours and Dive Expeditions all over Iceland.
Moscow, Russia
“Good for the clumsy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm uncoordinated enough on dry land and even more so wrapped up in a rubber suit and breathing through a tube. But the guide was patient with me, and the snorkeling was terrific. Even though the January sky was gray, the colors underwater were really vivid. The dry suit kept me surprisingly comfortable (except for my exposed face, of course). I wish I'd brought a sandwich because the cocoa-and-cookies afterward weren't quite enough caloric fuel. But all in all, a great way to spend a half-day.

Visited January 2013

3 attraction reviews
“Snorkeling... In Iceland... in January...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked a snorkel tour with them for Pingvellir National Park. Snorkeled through a fissure between the two continental plates. Chris, our guide, was patient, knowledgeable, and professional. He explained everything from how to get dressed to where we would snorkel with a wry sense of humor. He was honest about how cold it would be and gave us hot cocoa to warm up after. Saw some great sights and would do it again in a heartbeat! Highly recommended!!

Brisbane
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can thoroughly recommend this activity. We went with DIVE.IS, and I cannot fault them. They are safe, professional, friendly and informative and great value.
I'm a poor swimmer, and nervous in deep water, however even I had no problems with the snorkelling. The dry suits provided are so buoyant, you feel like a cork bobbing along the surface. I was warmer than I expected - only your lip gets cold.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“truly an amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend dived with dive.is and our friends snorkeled with them.

Where else in the world can you go for a dive in glacial fresh water between two continental plates? Truly an experience that will never be forgotten!

They provide good reliable equipment; dive suits, regs, bcds, masks, fins. Even hot chocolates between dives.

The guides are knowledgeable and friendly and makes for a good unforgettable day of diving!

Visited January 2013
Mississauga, Canada
68 attraction reviews
“Snorkeling under the midnight sun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We did the snorkeling under the midnight sun tour and had a great time. The water that you snorkel in is so amazingly clear - the pictures on the site will give you an idea of what to expect but it's totally different when you're in the water.

We were a small group (7) with 5 snorkelers and 2 divers. Each group had a guide to help them along the way and everything was done professionally. Only small complaint people might have is that snorkelers do have to wait for divers as they go in twice. We found it easy to pass the time with hot chocolate and cookies but could see others not wanting to wait. Easy way to circumvent this problem is to drive yourself to the dive location and you can leave right after (2 of the snorkelers did this). Otherwise, everything was great, definitely recommend.

Visited May 2012