“Fantastic Thorsmörk tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super Jeep & Snowmobiling

Super Jeep & Snowmobiling
BSI Bus Terminal, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Háaleiti)
354-580-5400
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #170 of 257 Activities in Reykjavik
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Golden Circle tour allows visitors to get in touch with some of Iceland’s most famous and exciting natural phenomena.Our first stop is at Þingvellir National Park, which is one of Iceland’s most significant historical sites because it was there that Iceland’s first parliament was founded in the year 930 AD.
Virum
38 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Thorsmörk tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We were on a super jeep tour to the Thorsmörk that had been subconctracted to this company.

The tour started one hour late apparently due to some miscommunication between the to companies. The driver stands out as the one that handled the situation well. He kept focus on the tour keeping breaks short reducing delay.

That made it possible to visit one or two sights en route that were not in the official tour description. Not only is the Thorsmörk valley very beautifull, the additional sights were definitely equally interesting. I really appreciate that we saw those as well.

Visited July 2013

Eastbourne
“If you only had one day to spend in Reykjavik, this would definitely be the way to spend it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were looking at the very useful and easy to use website www.re.is to decide on a few excursions for our Iceland holiday. We wanted to see as much as possible (with a limited budget) in a day or two, to leave time for wandering around Reykjavik city centre during our 5 day trip. We decided that the golden circle tour and snowmobiling covered everything we wanted to see and more, with an exciting adrenaline fuelled way to end it. However, we realised we could not do this on the day we had available (the coach excursion is only available on Thursday, Friday and Saturday I believe) so we looked into the almost double in price super jeep and snowmobiling tour. From what we could tell, the only difference in the tour was that instead of travelling in a coach, we would travel in a jeep. I appreciate that that does not sound like it requires the almost double price increase. However... I would highly recommend taking part in this Super Jeep and Snowmobiling Tour for the following reasons...
The tour guide (Sven) was not only very skilled in driving a huge jeep (let alone a snowmobile) across glaciers, snow, gravel paths, rough terrain and road, but he was incredibly knowledgable about anything and everything to do with Iceland! He made the trip incredibly interesting!
The super jeep, although maybe perceived as a bit of a novelty, was comfortable, clean, very warm (highly important considering the weather conditions outside), cosy and personal. We were in a group of six (plus Sven) and it made me think how much more we were getting out of the experience due to a smaller group compared to the coach tour. We all chatted about our interests and enjoyed each others company.
The sites were amazing. The Pingvillier (this spelling is not correct I'm sure) National Park was beautiful with loads of history. A short walk was included to stretch the legs and take in more of the views.
The Geysir and hot springs were incredible to watch in person. No matter how many videos you watch you cannot prepare yourself for the sudden random burst of almost 100 degree celcius water! Perfect picture opportunity.
The Gullfoss waterfall was spectacular. Amazing natural geography that again must be viewed in person. There's a very nice cafe on site to stop for lunch with reasonable prices!
The journey to the glacier for snowmobiling was full of amazing scenery and was made even better by the off-roading only available in the super jeep.
The snowmobiling was absolutely fantastic. Safety is key but the fun is maintained. An hour of riding along the snow would be, in my opinion, worth the money spent on this entire tour alone. Loads of opportunities for pictures and video and fun snowball fights!
On the way back, we also stopped by a dormant volcano which also has a lot of history and stories attached to it. I believe this is something the coach tour does not include. Again, excellent photo opportunities and an unexpected worthwhile stop.
We've just returned from this amazing trip and I already want to do it all again! For those that may be undecided between the coach and super jeep version, I would definitely suggest the super jeep. Fewer people, greater experience, way more fun and much easier to take in all the information and ask questions whenever they may pop up.
My boyfriend even went as far to say that this was the best day of his life!
Looking back at all that we've done in one day, we actually can't believe the value for money!

Visited April 2013
London
“Best day of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just got back from this tour and could not recommend enough. We had a really hot guide (haha) and he was very knowledgable about the surrounding area. It is a million times better than taking a bus tour and worth the money. The snowmobiling was exhilerating and the best moment of my life and everyone in the group! It was surreal, sublime, snowtastic. All the equipment necessary was provided. The golden circle was not disappointing either but in the super jeep we also visited smaller attractions that are not included in the coach tours. People who were on coach parties were fed up with the travelling in large crowds. However us on the other hand we having the day of our lives! I would give this A MILLION stars if I could and if you don´t go youre missing out.

Visited February 2013
Caracas, Venezuela
19 attraction reviews
“Seriously a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Hunt the northern lights in a modified Super Jeep is by far much better than taking a bus tour, you can go far away and stop in places in which a bus could not. Sadly I couldn't watch the northern light (this is my second attempt, my first one was in Kiruna, Sweeden), the weather conditions have to be perfect so there is a good chance that you don't see anything. The sky was almost cristal clear and we went very far away from the town but even in this almost perfect conditions was impossible, nevertheless I took great pictures of the stars and have a great time.

*A tripod is needed if you want to take pictures of the night sky

The snowmobile ride was terrific too, you can ride for a considerable period of time and enjoy the view from the top of the glaciar. I was there in winter and I forgot to wear a balaclava so my face was literally frozen so please don't forget to use face protection.

Visited December 2012