“The blue lagoon's truly amazing. Just I may join another tour group next time.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Reykjavik Excursions

Reykjavik Excursions
BSI Bus Terminal | Vatnsmýrarvegi 10, Reykjavik 101, Iceland
+354 580 5400
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #112 of 258 Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: Reykjavik Excursions is the leading organizer of coach and bus tours in Iceland. A fully licensed tour operator and travel agent that offers day trips and guided tours, travelling all over the country since 1968. Our buses offer free wireless internet allowing you to share your experience right away.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Hong Kong
10 attraction reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

The visit to the Blue Lagoon's scheduled on our last day, a stopover on our way to the Reykjavik international airport before going back home. I was worried that the place'll be overly commercial but it wasn't. Yes, it's very well managed, with all the amenities & facilities you need. The towels are good & clean. The lockers are spacious and secure. And the pool's just fantastic. A very unique and relaxing experience.
Only that I'm really upset by a very rude staff of Reykjavik Excursion on some ticketing issues. I'm instructed by the driver that I can 'upgrade' my ticket (trip to airport) to include this mini trip to the Blue Lagoon on board. Then the ticketing lady told me I couldn't. Worse still she tore my ticket, asked me to get off the bus and do whatever I wanna do at the ticketing counter. I made a complaint to the operator with a half-hearted reply then no further follow up. This was the ONLY lousy customer service experience I'd in Iceland to end my trip.
I highly recommend the place but not this operator.

London
3 attraction reviews
“You do have to do this..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

This was pretty amazing , we went on the way from our hotel to the airport and had a few hours to enjoy the whole experience. You can hire everything there so don't even need to take your own trunks , swim suits , towels or robes etc .
Hire a robe I would suggest its 7 euros but well worth it.
It is freezing literally when you first step out but then when getting in the water its lovely , like getting into a hot bath and does not go above shoulder height so non swimmers can enjoy it too!
The mud mask stuff is provided in pots around the pool and massages can be booked in a private area part which is secluded.
There were lots of people there when we went and this did not matter as it was massive and because of the steam you can't see everyone anyway! Childrens arm bands etc were provided and a lagoon bar is good value and you do not need to carry any money as everything is charged to the wrist band that you wear and this works the lockers etc
Locker rooms are all very well equipped and are clean with showers and hair driers etc as well as shower gel and conditioner etc provided.
The bus picks you up from outside and you can keep all your luggage secure in a hut by where the bus stops. Definitely do this is you go to Iceland even if it is just for a few hours..its an amazing experience

Belfast, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Relaxing time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I went here on December 28th 2009, and it was snowing - so the idea of a thermal pool outside was amazing to me.

At 23€ entrance it is pricey - try to find a company that does the bus and and entry fee combined. Its about 40km outside Reykjavik near Keflavik airport - but worth the journey.

The inside changing area,cafe etc is all lovely and warm and it is possible to enter the Blue Lagoon from inside then go outside. Don't forget to leave plenty of conditioner in your hair before you get into the water - as otherwise it leaves your hair tatty and horrible.

The pool, waterfall, face mask areas are all great - and a fantastic way to unwind in Iceland.

Cambridgeshire
5 attraction reviews
“A tour not to be missed, but avoide Reykjavik Excursions company”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009

The golden circle tour takes in the not to missed spectacular scenery. The Geyser is spectacular, also frozen waterfall & rifts were the 2 tectonic plates meet. Do not recommend Reykjavik Excursions - happy to collect us from our hotel outside Reykjavik, but forgot to tell us it would be over 1hr wait in city to wait for a connection back and when we asked they were expecting us to wait 2 hrs in the evening on the next day's tour which we cancelled.

wales
4 attraction reviews
“weird but wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2009

A must do. Very very strange. The landscape looks like something out of a post apocalyptic film and in the centre is this pale blue warm pond. It's very warm, very salty and very very odd. You can put mud on your face if you like, there are saunas and steam baths and if you pay extra massage etc is available. The floor can be quite gritty and has the occasional hard lump - so I would recommend some kind of pool shoe rather than bare feet - and move slowly. Your skin will feel very soft for days afterwards.