“Stay here!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 48 Hotels in Reykjavik
San Diego, California
“Stay here!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have been using TripAdvisor for years...WAY before this website every became popular, I was reading and writing reviews. After reading the reviews for this place, I knew this is where I had to stay...and I definitely made the right decision! From the minute I arrived to the minute I left, I really enjoyed my stay at this apartment hotel.

It's in a GREAT location, walking to distance to all the important places you want to see in Reykjavik. The apartment itself is wonderful...very spacious, great balcony, clean, comfortable and in a safe neighborhood (I was traveling solo). The owner greeted me and gave me great advice on where to go and what to see and he truly cares about the people coming to stay at his place, he goes out of his way to accommodate his guests, thank you very much (his wife and daughter are lovely too:)).

There is a great bakery across the street where I had a coffee and pastry every morning. In addition, it was easy to get to and from the airport to this Apartment/Hotel...it dropped me off right in front of the building.

I can't wait to go back to this magical country...I had such a nice time. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I return. Don't miss out, this is where you want to stay!

Thank you for your hospitality and lovely accomodations!

Room Tip: I loved my room, it was on the top floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice now and will always return every time we come to Reykjavik. The location of the apartments is absolutely perfect, a short stroll to the main shopping streets and parking on site. We loved having the option to cook for ourselves and there are plenty of supermarkets nearby to stock up on groceries. The apartment we stayed in was very comfy and warm. The staff are very friendly and went out of their way to help us. We absolutely loved staying here and can't wait to go back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Our family spent two nights in a ground floor, 2 bedroom apartment on our way back to the U.S. from Sweden. The apartment was fantastic. The kitchen had everything one would need to prepare a meal, wash dishes and dine comfortably. The bathroom was very modern and shampoo, hand soap and conditioner were provided. We were also given many extra towels and fresh bathrobes with slippers. The linens were modern and fresh. We were extremely satisfied with our apartment and would recommend it to anyone staying in Reykjavik. Last, but not least, the apartment is centrally located - we walked everywhere even though we had a rental car. Go the the bakery across the street. Delicious bread, croissants and sweets.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Fagersta, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stayed at one of these apartments with two of my friends, and we were really satisfied. Nice beds, good service (very good cleaning and we got surprised when they even did the wash up for us!) and a calm street with a great bakery outside. I really recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Liverpool, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend in October and really liked the apartments. They are spotless, bright and modern and the location is great. Having an apartment helps keep the coat of a trip to Iceland down by having a few meals in. I would stay here again if I return to reykjavik.

• Stayed October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is located downtown, but on a quite street directly across from a great bakery (excellent for breakfast and snacks). If you take the FlyBus from the airport you will first be dropped off at the main bus station and then taken to the hotel in a minibus. Including the quick transfer it takes about 45 minutes.
The hotel itself is new and clean and the rooms are large. Staff is friendly and helpful. My wife and I arrived on a flight from Canada at about 9am and they allowed us to check in early. They also provided us with a wall adapter, which we forgot to bring, to charge our phones. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Champlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I had a studio apartment which was well equipped, very clean, attractively furnished and comfortable. The reception staff was very helpful with helping to arrange tours, transport, etc. The bakery across the street was wonderful and groceries are available a very short distance away. Everything is within walking distance and we spent hours roaming the city on foot. We had a Wonder stay and wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Iceland. (Note: there are no elevators so be prepared to get your luggage up stairs if you are on the upper floors.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Reykjavik4you Apartments Hotel? Share your experiences!