The good: Apartments are clean and equipped with a kitchen and refrigerator. Bathrooms are clean and towels are provided. There is also free wifi and travel guides placed on the table for easy reference. Host is friendly as well.
The not so good: The reason why i gave a 3 star instead of a 4 will be that:
1. There is no lift in this apartment. If you are allocated to the 4th floor and you happen to have lots of luggage like us, be prepared to bring the luggage up to the 4th floor yourself.
2. No shampoos or body wash in the bathroom. Well, we had 2 rooms. One of the rooms have it, the other don't. So we are not sure if this is provided.
3. Location is at the edge of downtown Reykjavik. Of course, the price justifies its location.
Overall, a short stay is fine. And if you prefer somewhere quiet and homely, this is the place for you. Tip: try to ask for the 2nd floor if you are travelling with kids and have lots of luggage. :)
Do visit my blog for pictures of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kalli's apartments are located in a quiet street in the center of Reykjavik, only a few minutes walk from the Municipal Art Gallery, the main shopping street, the bus terminal and the National Theater. There are a number of restaurants, bars and supermarkets within walking distance. There is wireless Internet access. The apartments are non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kalli's Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.