“Good budget place.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Krua Thai

Krua Thai
Tryggvagotu 14, Reykjavik 101, Iceland (Miõborg)
561 0039
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Denver, Colorado
“Good budget place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a nice place to get a quick meal. They had a large selection , quick service and plenty of seating. The chicken could have been better but it was still enjoyable especially if you are tired of Icelandic food.

Visited October 2012

glasgow
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Krua Thai is near the harbour area of Reykjavik. Although it doesn't look much, it is worth a visit. This is a self service restaurant, order at the counter and the food will be served to your table. The menu was extensive and it really was hard to choose. We finally decided on a chicken dish with chilli sauce and a battered fish dish with a hot curry sauce. The flavours of both dishes were authentic. The prices were more than reasonable too; two main meals and one beer was only £20. The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is that the meal were brought out of this kitchen around 5 minutes apart. Obviously food cooks at different rates but I would have expected the kitchen to hold both dishes back until they can be taken out together.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reykjavík
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Very nice and friendly restaurant.The food is great and quick service. I recommend the chicken noodles.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adliswil, Switzerland
“A planed quick lunch became a quick disapointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I and my wife planed to have a quick lunch at the Krua Thai in Kopavogur. On the day's menu, there were three ready made courses on the offer, Chicken in a Spicy Sauce, Pork in a Sweet and Sour and Noodles with eggs and vegetables. The Chicken in a spicy Sauce was edible, but only just, the Sweet and Sour tasted like it cam from a can, and when I say, a can, then I mean a "no name" can from an unknown produces. The Noodles were so tasteless that we had to wonder how they were able to make them this tasteless. I was very hungry so I finished my Spicy Chicken and the Noodles by pouring soy sauce over them. My wife on the other hand could not eat any of the food. I informed a young girl about our disappointment, she just shrugged her shoulders and told us that no one else had complained and she made no offer to refund my wife as she had not eaten any of her lunch. I do not think the take critic well as at the time we made our complaint and were leaving the restaurant, there were only 5 other quest in the restaurant and the time was 12:40 pm which should have been at their peak lunch service

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I don't know why but nowadays there are a lot of Thai restaurants it there that are not authentic and you can best tell by how they make they their pad Thai. They also water down their curry. This is a friendly place, but of course you have to get your own food as their is not table service.

• Visited September 2012