“Generous on the langoustines!” 4 of 5 stars

Linnetstigur 1, Hafnarfjordur, Hafnarfjordur, Reykjavik 220, Iceland
565 5250
Improve this listing
Los Angeles, California
“Generous on the langoustines!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had the langoustine soup starter and the langoustine pasta - both of which were excellent and came in generous portions, but were rather similar in taste to one other. Would definitely recommend one or the other, or just one if you aren't a huge eater!

Visited June 2013

Arlington, TX
“Excellent fish, but they claim it as a specialty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in by chance to this little restaurant. The place where I stayed recommended a yellow house for dinner. There were many around, I assume I hit the correct yellow house, but the food was amazing. The service was excellent too. The only snafu was that I ordered the 3 course menu and instead got the fish trio. It was still amazing, and still featured the fish of the day. And it was cheaper than the 3 course menu, so I didn't complain.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kopavogur, Iceland
“Exellent little place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hafnafjörðurs best kept secret.Seafood restaurant and a good one. The food is good the atmosphere is nice and this place has never been expensive. I go there often and I take my foreign friends there when they are visiting Iceland. I specially like the plaice with the lobster sauce but they have a full menu so you can get something you like.

Visited September 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“An excellent fish restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Good service subtle lighting & good choice of food on the menu. The fish chosen was cooked to perfection - popular with the locals too.

Visited April 2013
UK
“Very good Lobster Soup”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was with a couple of friends and we wanted to have a seafood for lunch. Not knowing where to go we asked the tourist office in Hafnarfjordur to recommend a place and we were not disappointed. I ordered the lobster soup which came as a main meal with salad and some bread. It was absolutely delicious. My friends ordered the set lunch, with carrot soup followed by three types of fried fish and coffee, they were very happy with their meal too. I thought that the food was very reasonable priced and will go again if I came back to Iceland. The restaurant is very modern and unpretentious and the service efficient.

• Visited February 2013