“Lots of planes and stuff.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 27 things to do in Akureyri
Rockaway, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
“Lots of planes and stuff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I decided to take a trip to the museum before our flight to Grimsey. It was actually quite interesting. My husband is a photographer and an aviation buff and he especially enjoyed it. The interactive displays where you could go inside the planes were fascinating and the various pictures and items pertaining to Icelandic aviation history were well thought-out and fun to look at. My only suggestion would be to have more English translation of the photographs. Most seemed to be in Icelandic only. I loved watching the children visiting the museum driving around in the miniature model airplane. Wished they had a bigger one for us adults. =)

Visited June 2012

Brighton
71 attraction reviews
“My husband loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

As he is very interested in aviation we sought out this museum which,unsurprisingly,is at the airport.he told me it was an excellent place.the next comment is his.
A very comprehensive collection of aircraft and aircraft equipment and parts. It was possible to step on board some of the larger ones. It was also quite personal with pictures and uniforms and a section devoted to the RAF personelle stationed in Iceland in the second World War.

Visited June 2012