I would like to give a fair review and set the record straight as I think some reviews have been a bit harsh although I would NOT stay here again.
Arriving at the hotel you see immediately the infamous sign which informs you that you will be fined £10 per person if you take any food or drink into tne hotel, plus they will confiscate the goodies. Not only that if you are merely suspected of taking anything in you will still be fined. We arrived just after midnight and it was so important to get the message across that they told us again when taking us to the room, and once in the room drew our attention to the notice stuck on the fridge. At this time of night when you are really tired not a good move on their part. We hired a car so took in anything we desired and put what we didnt consume in tne car. Obviously you cant do this with food but if you order the right size pizza and drink all your wine it shouldnt be a problem. Just make sure you dispose of all your rubbish in an external bin. Its a farce really, its very annoying to ha e to do this everyday and for this reason I wont go back. I am not mean or tight but on princip,e I would not pay a fine to them as i felt the notice is rude and notices like this should be left in tne school playgrou d where they belong. I wish they had put as much effort into providing a friendly service. They didnt it was as if they couldnt be bothered. By the way the prices on the very very limited selection of items in your fridge which you could buy from them were on a level with a restaurant so not extortionate but.....you could buy 5 times more with your money at the supermarket.
Our room, 132, was lovely. Large bedroom, large wardrobe and dressing table. Excellent hairdryer. Lounge with two big couches, dining table and 4 chairs. Great place to eat your pizza you bring in from outside.
The room and bed really clean. No rubbish outside although bin always full of pizza boxes....everybody was at it.
Breakfast was exactly same everyday. Cereals, bread, assorted cheeses, boiled eggs. I loved it not sure what you would do though if you dont like cheese , probably have to bring something in.
Pool, gardens and surrounding area always very clean.
Never tried the evening menu, too busy eating pizza, but selection seemed good. Never saw more than a couple of people eating at the restaurant which could be down to the notice and people making a point as I did.
This place is lovely its just that notice and the fact it is so important to them. They should put the same effort into making tneir guests feel welcome.
Big negative about this hotel is the location. You need a car. Its in the middle of nowhere and once the buses stop which i was told was 5 o clock, you would have to pay for a taxi as i would not walk that road at night. Its pitch black and very busy with fast cars.
A final note, get your pizza from Biongiorno, they were delicious....enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Green Holiday Village nestles between the gentle slopes of the five-finger mountain and the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean coastline. Green Holiday Village is situated 9 km west of Kyrenia and 14 km east of Guzelyurt and 30 km far from Ercan airport. There are some beautiful beaches in and around Kyrenia and some are only 15-minutes walk from the resort. We are also within walking distance of the historical Lambousa ruins. The resort is just adjacent to the main road, where numerous public buses run into Kyrenia on a regular basis. The resort is in an appealing location with many attractions, suitable for all ages and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your Green Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Green Holiday Village Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Green Holiday Village Cyprus/Alsancak - Karavas