We stayed here for 2 weeks in July 2012 for my birthday, my husband and I stayed in one of the hotel rooms whilst 3 of my relatives stayed in one of the bungalows.
This was the second visit to the Almond for my husband and I as we had stayed for a couple of years ago. We stayed B&B to give us the freedom to try all of the delicious places to eat however the Almond do a Half Board (we did this last time) which is very good value for those watching the budget or who have kids.
Breakfast is good, a couple of cereal choices, fruit, yogurts and loats of cooked options. Plenty of choice on the menu for lunches and snacks.
Rooms are basic, very clean, comfortable. My husband and I stayed in one of the hotel rooms this time which was very nice, these rooms have some of the sky channels on the telly too (although there are a million other things to do in TRNC than watch telly!!!). The bungalow my family stayed in was clean and spacious and quiet.
The Almond provide some entertainment on certain nights.....varying from very fab rock group who did covers of Classic rocks songs to a cabaret type singer who was popular with some of the older ladies ;-) and a trio of gypsy guitarist musicians (who were amazing)
All of the staff are lovely and the family that own the Almond are so welcoming, one reviewer said it felt like going back to see your turkish cypriot family when you visit and I can quite agree. The chef makes lovely birthday cakes too!!!
Holidays to the Almond are easy to book direct from their website, they will even sort out transfers/car hire for you. Fly to Larnaca (south) and get a transfer or fly to Ercan (north) and hire a car. Driving is like the uk and is safe.
I love the Almond and I love Northern Cyprus, please do not hesitate to book a holiday here...do yourself a favour and come and visit this wonderful country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Almond Holiday Village is a small, family run, friendly complex only 8m east of the Hystorical town of Kyrenia and 20 min walking distance from the nearest sandy beach. Based between the slops of the picturesque Kyrenia Five Finger Montains & cyrstal clear waters of The Med, Almond H.V is your ideal venue for a relaxing holiday. Each family member will do their very best to make sure you feel the warmth of your own home...as if you are part of the family. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Almond Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Cyprus/Alsancak - Karavas