“Great Escape” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riverside Garden Resort

Save Saved
You added Riverside Garden Resort to your Saves list
Riverside Garden Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mersin 10 TR | Alsancak, Alsancak - Karavas, Cyprus (Formerly Riverside Holiday Village)   |
Windsor, England, United Kingdom
“Great Escape”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We arrive at the Hotel on a sunny afternoon which made the resort looked much more beautiful than its pictures in the brochure.
after quick check in process, we were in our villa. At Riverside Garden resort , you feel like you live in your own home and your garden and still have the hotel facilities. Food was very good and healthy. Our villa was cleaned everyday and People at reception was always there and helpful.
We had a relax and a sleek holiday. we definately coming back in summer. Perfect hospitality.
Mark Osborne-Devon

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The fact that we have stayed at Riverside 4 times, and met other families who have returned for many years, speaks volumes. There is something about Riverside which has a relaxing, friendly atmosphere, and this is a tribute to the way it is run by the owner family.

There is a variety of couples, families with children, and young adults staying at Riverside, which makes for a good time for all. The three pools are large, so not over crowded, and there is an all important adults only pool. The bar serves lovely cocktails in the evening, and restaurants provide good food throughout the day and evening.

The rooms are very comfortable with all amenities for self catering, and are cleaned regularly, as are the gardens beautifully kept. There is an onsite shop for essentials, and car hire with competitive rates. There are many more amenities on site, and a lot to do and see in the beautiful island of Cyprus.

All in all a wonderful time is guaranteed every time we stay at Riverside.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

All in all we had a good holiday and there were some good positives, weather was great, food in poolside restaurant very good we ate here every night, swimming pools are great for kids, shop on site very handy.

Negatives include but of a battle getting cot in our room for our 18 month old even though requested in advance, drainage gullets around pool present trip hazard, lots of cats, too many unless you love cats, shower was rubbish and A/C could not cool both rooms, very good price though, probably would have had better time in nicer room.

• Stayed June 2012
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have been staying at Riverside for many years, usually in May, June, September and October but this year our family decided to stay for Christmas and New Year. Our party comprised four adults and three children ranging from aged 3 to 10. We were given a lovely appartment near the restaurant where we had breakfast every morning. The weather was beautiful - like a good Spring day in England although the evenings were a bit chilly. However, when we returned to our appartment after a day out it was cosy and warm. The air conditioning system upstairs doubles up as heating and downstairs was an electric fire so we were very comfortable. The Olympic Pool was open and was as well maintained as usual - on Christmas Day we were sunbathing by the pool and all swam - having said that the water was very cold! We arrived on Christmas Eve and the management had organised a Christmas Evening complete with Turkey, decorations and beautiful red candles on each table. We had a most enjoyable evening and it was lovely to meet all the friendly staff again. We found everything in the Kyrenia district was open which was a pleasant surprise. All our family love Riverside, including my daughter and her family, so much so that she got married in Kyrenia last summer, the Reception being held at Riverside. We have already booked to go back again in June rand will probably return for Christmas/New Year 2013. We all agreed it was the best Christmas we have ever had! Our thanks yet again to all the wonderful staff at Riverside.

Room Tip: Some of the appartments are closed during Winter but we enjoyed staying near the restaurant but this...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Riverside for many years and it never dissapoints us. The appartment has great views and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Two great swimming pools, one which is adults only and two good restuarants. Also appreciated is the shuttle bus which takes us to the local beachg or to Girne.

We will be back again in 2013.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Me and my family have been regular visitors to North Cyprus for the last 5 years. Our first stay was at the Riverside Garden Resort and we have never considered elsewhere as it is a family run hotel where they and their staff are very friendly. Furthermore, when we have requested a service, they have always done their utmost to accommodate requests made. The rooms are cleaned daily and car hire rates are very competitive. We have stayed in the superior villa's as well as the standard villa's and have found these both satisfactory.

The hotel has 3 swimming pools accommodating a family fun days for all ages. My granddaughter aged 3 had a fantastic time in the children pool which is divided from the pool with slides. The meals served at the restaurant are of good quality at reasonable prices.

North Cyprus is a very scenic unspoilt part of the island with mountains on one side and sea at the other. The closest beach is ‘Escape Beach’ where an entrance fee is payable with parascending, banana boat rides, ski jets is available for a reasonable fee. A public beach is also available 10 mins by car. Depending on whether you wish to relax or explore, Riverside Garden Resort is a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I spent a very enjoyable week at Riverside in September 2013. It was my second trip last year. I first went in March with a group of fellow artists where we had fun time painting around the resort and at nearby Kyrenia. We all had own own villas which were of a good standard. Having enjoyed the trip so much I decided to return later in September. This time I travelled on my own and as it was the first time I had travelled abroad on my own I was a little apprehensive. I needn't have worried the staff were very friendly and they all remembered me from the previous trip. This time I had my own apartment which suited me perfectly, and I had a memorable time there. It was very safe and I didn't have any problems with security as I was a lone traveller. I had the 'full board' package and the restaurant staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. There is also a very good 'al a carte' restaurant where I chose to eat a couple of times for lunch and evening meals - again the standard of the food and hospitality was very good.
The three swimming pools were a delight to lay around, which is what I did all week in the glorious sunshine, drinks were served every day around the pools.
I will definitely be returning again this year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Riverside Garden Resort? Share your experiences!