“An Excellent Thai Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Lempaala, Finland
“An Excellent Thai Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

"Maneerat" came recommended by a host of friends, so I was expecting a lot from this evening. I had reserved a table for five persons after a long book fair workday, so we were hungry and thirsty. There had been a slight mix-up, so we had to wait a while, but that was no problem, as one of my favourite bars is just a block down the street.

As the first course I had a fiery papaya salad. The staff were kind enough to ask about the level of spiciness but were not shy to go all the way when asked to. It was a good experience: spicy feeling all around my mouth but complimented by enough of the tangy lime. As the main course I had a tofu curry. The tofu itself was not that good, it was of that slightly spongy quality. But the curry was excellent, and the house chili sauce was great.

I was perhaps quite not as overwhelmed as some of my friends who have recommended this place, but "Maneerat" is still a very good place and definitely worth a new visit, or a few even.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
“tasty lunch and reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I decided to try the restaurant for lunch having read all the great reviews on a local website. Had the cashew salmon and it was splendid, price was reasonable and the presentation was excellent as well.

Do note that the restaurant is very small and due to the rising demand it would be difficult to get a table and quick service. I therefore decided to opt for a take away instead.

• Visited September 2013