“The Burger Place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Tampere, Finland
“The Burger Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

If my kids (ages 5, 12, 18 and 20) are allowed to choose we go here. And for good reason - this is a fun place. Huge burgers for everyone, exotic soft drinks available and decent pricing.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tampere, Western Finland, Finland
“This is the place where I take my quests to..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

..and also the one we visit most often. I've never eaten a burger in this place but hubby says they are the best in town. I'm stuck with their chicken sandwiches and can't help myself ordering one every time. The service has always been good, even in busy times.

Visited April 2013
Corby, United Kingdom
“Bemused by bad reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Honestly guys, this was the best burger I've ever had in my life. It tasted like it was fried in gold and miracles. I've been dreaming about it ever since and can't wait until December when I'm back in Tampere. The fries were fairly average, the service was as good as Finnish service ever is (I think one of the waitresses may even have smiled!) and it was clean, but none of these things really matter when the burger is this good.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kangasala, Finland
“Hamburgers and more - try the lunch menu beefs or salads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I prefer taking my hamburgers at Pancho Villa´s about 200 meters away, but these aren´t bad either. For the lunch menu on weekdays they have improved the level lately, I think. The salads are much better now, and the varieties change. There are four choices for the lunch menu (salad, hamburger / sandwich, chicken, beef/pork) at decent prices (each less then 10 euros). I tend to eat lunch here from time to time, as this is very near the place where I work. There is another restaurant of the same chain in Lielahti suburb, they share the same web site.

Really nice service; visited yesterday for the lunch with a colleague, who had a complainment to make about his portion (for a very small reason, to my opinion - he stated that he´s sick of that the tomatoes aren´t ever fully ripe in Finnish restaurants... I guess he´s somewhat right though, but it does not bother me), and the waiter thanked for the complainment a couple of times, saying he´ll give the feedback to the kitchen, and offered us coffees for free for compensation.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Finland
“Didn't know there was decent diners in Finland!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Classic American Diner in Tampere was a pleasant surprise as I really didn't know there is such a thing in whole Finland! Don't get me wrong: can't really compare this to best diners in the states. But compared to restaurants in Finland (and especially the one diner I've visited in Turku) this really was a nice experience. Service was fast (as it should in a diner), food came fast and it tasted quite good. Fries were really average if that, and cole slaw a bit too sweet, but the burgers we had were really, really nice! I especially enjoyed my blue cheese bbq burger - nice! I would have hoped they asked if we wanted the beefs to be made: well done or medium. They just made them quite well - even a bit over - done. Would be even better and juicier if cooked medium. Nice selection of sodas and beers.

• Visited January 2013