“Friendly atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Tampere
Skanderborg, Denmark
“Friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Friendly, smiling reception and dining
We arrived late (2230/1030 pm) but the kitchen was still open and able to server a good dinner
Rooms are clean and up to date
Frequent visitors gets vouchers for spending in bar, on films etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Akselschmidt,

Thank you for your stay and your kind review.
We are really happy that your visit was pleasant and we hope to see you soon again!

Enjoy the beatiful winter time!

Kind regards,
Mikko M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Finnish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip and I must say that it's a very good hotel with a perfect location.
The interior design differs a lot from all other Scandic-hotels which I have stayed at, since it has a very modern and stylish interior.

The rooms are very nice and the size of them is OK.

The gym was good with all equipment you need in order to perform a decent training pass.

Breakfast was good, containing most of the things you could ask for. The food in the restaurant was OK but the menu wasn't that exiting.
The prices are pretty high and I wouldn't have eaten there if it wasn't for the voucher received due to my Scandic membership.

The location is more or less as good as it can be. A three minutes walk brings you to the main street of Tampere where many restaurants
and shops are located.

Room Tip: Rooms far away from the elevators has a lack of Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Joky80,

Thank you for your visit in our hotel and your review.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you liked our interior design.

We will install few more wlan base stations on this week for better wlan connection.

We hope to see you soon again and wish you a merry Christmas!

Turku, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

As expected a new hotel feels new and everything looks like almost never used. Parking in the hotel basement was very spacious and was a positive experience. Warm garage is a plus in Finnish winter weather! I had requested a quiet room when making the reservation and this was very well delivered in the 5th floor windows facing the railway station side. The room was good size in Finnish standards, white furniture accented with grey and pink - very nice to look at. For working needs there was a wall long table as well as wireless internet access. TV was a big LG flat screen. Bathroom is with shower and fixed soap dispensers as always in Scandic hotels.

Dinner in the hotel restaurant was a bit on the expensive & small side i.e. the portion was fancy but not big enough for a hungry eater. Additionally one annoying manner is the waiter repeatedly returning to the table asking if all is good and if something more is needed - personally I prefer to let the staff know when I need something and all other times I should be left alone. Breakfast was served buffet style in the same restaurant. Quality of breakfast and the options were excellent and very nicely presented. All in all I will sure consider returning to this hotel because of the room and the breakfast experience.

Room Tip: Consider how silent room you need and ask in advance if that is a priority to you
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Lumihiutale,

Thank you very much for you visit and you kind review.
We are happy to hear that you liked our interior design, service and breakfast.

Our Chef promised to look up the size of the portions, so those would be better size for you next visit, that we hope is very soon. So welcome again!

With best Christmas wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

like it very much, would advise, close to everything, train station, stores, buses, restaurants, bars etc... very good service from the staff, excellent English, clean. will come back for sure. In general, tampere is very lovely town with friendly people.

Dear Ntesting,

Thank you for your stay with us and your nice review.
We are really glad to hear that you enjoyded your stay with us and overal in Tampere.

Best wishes from all our team members and welcome again!

Kind regards,
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel a couples of weeks after opening. The design of the lobby is a bit different with colorful items and areas, cool and trendy, but not cosy.
The stage at the reception upon arrival was very friendly and polite, but when I came back to the Hotel after work at night, the night receptionist didn't give me any attention although I had to walk right in front off her. I came with a car and had trouble to find parking place, hotels garage is extremely small and because of the scary area around the Hotel I parked right outside the main entrance. For a woman alone the area doesn't feel safe with a weird restaurant "Ugly" as a neighbour and dark back yard of the railway station on the other side. At night the noise from the people hanging outside of the restaurant made it hard to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the restaurant "Ugly"
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Immuli,

Thank you for you stay with us and your review.
We are happy to hear that you liked our interior design.

We have 53 parking lots there, I´m sorry it was full during your stay.

Since opening, we have got new exterior lights to our hotel to light up the night time, and I´m sure that you could feel much more secure now even it´s dark. Hotel surroundigs is safe and peaceful area even we have couple of restaurants near by.

We hope to see you soon again, so you could see our new beautiful exterior lights!

Vantaa, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very modern hotel close to Tampere center and railway station. Room was quite large with colorful deco. We liked the style very much. Breakfast was fine. We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, and found it a good choice. One thing worth mentioning in our opinion is that even though the hotel is close to the center, it is on the other side of the railway station, so you have to walk through a tunnel to get to the center. Anyway, we would choose this hotel over Scandic City, that is on the center side of the tunnel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JIL7,

Thank you for your stay with us and your kind review.
We hope to see you as our guest soon again!

Pori, Western Finland, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for one night with a friend. One reason to book this hotel was just to check it out because it's new. The other reason was that my friend arrived by train and the location was perfect for that. I parked my car off the street because the garage was full but that was no problem for me.

Staff in the reception were extremely helpful and everything happened very quick. Wonderful!

- Hello, here is my Scandic card
- Hello, Mr. O, welcome! Here is the key card and the info. Need anything special or further info just now?
- No thanks, see you later

10 seconds later I was in the elevator. Nice! I had a standard room because I had so much plans that I felt not to invest for extra conveniences. The room was quite a small but in this case it didn't matter. There should be larger rooms with a view to the train station upper floors in case I'll stay in this hotel with my family. Although the childrens' corner seemed to be very small.

I had a nice pint of beer at the lobby bar while waiting for my friend. Very ultra modern place this hotel, too. But that's Scandic style. The breakfast was OK, somehow I felt disappointed considering the amount of choices. But perhaps there were just so many tables all around the restaurant that it was hard to see everything at one glance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mikko M, Front Office Manager at Scandic Tampere Station, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Konsta O

Thank you for your stay with us and your review.
I´m really happy to hear that your were satisfied for our service.

We also have larger rooms in standard category, so please feel free to aks those for your next visit.

We look forward to see you as our guest in the future!

Mikko M

Been to Scandic Tampere Station? Share your experiences!