This is a good hotel especially if travelling by car. There is plenty of free parking outdoors; inside parking costs 10 Euros/day. Hotel is situated in a beautiful area on a wooded hill overlooking a lake. Close by is a charming residential area with narrow, winding streets and wood buildings. Distance to the city centre is less than 2 km; bus number 25 stops right in front of the hotel but it does not take that long to walk either.
We had a twin room on third floor. It was quiet with no outside noises even though it faced the street and parking area. The room was quite spacious with two 90 cm beds, a desk with a chair and an armchair with a small table. Bathroom was large with lots of hooks and shells to place your stuff. Hotel had undergone some renovation so the interior was clean and fresh. Only negative thing in the room were an old TV with bad reception (were informed that TVs will soon be changed) and constant humming sound from the mini-bar. And naturally the pillows were clumpy, but it is the same in most hotels and I had prepared and had my own pillow with me.
Breakfast buffet was well-arranged and had a good selection of just about everything you would want for breakfast; there was even local delicates black sausage. Breakfast was served in a spacious restaurant with large windows to the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Large Resort & Conference Hotel overlooking Lake Pyhajarvi, a few minutes from city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Scandic Rosendahl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Rosendahl Tampere
- Scandic Rosendahl Hotel Tampere