“exactly what we expect” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 31 hotels in Tampere
Rauma, Finland
“exactly what we expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

exactly what we can expect from Omena hotel!
Clean, cheap and noisy ;)
4 people in a room is good ratio to have cheapest price!
Linen were clean and available.
Best way for cheap week end and to be exactly in the town center

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Recently I visited Finland (and Estonia) over a couple of weeks. We stayed in Omena Hotel a few times and the first two (both in Helsinki) were good. However, this one was not up to the same standards. The room was cold, the shower curtain smelt very bad (of urine), there was hair (from the lower regions) on the shower floor and curtain (but this was the same at the other two Omena Hotels - so I had to clean up every time!), and the extractor fan unit (in the bathroom) was broken (in fact, just a hole in the ceiling). The location was great (near the railway station, Stockmann and Napoli Pizzeria) and price was good, but given those negative points I can't recommend staying there. (Oh, and we both didn't sleep well, unlike at the other hotels.)

Well, aside from the bathroom, I guess the rest of the room was clean. As mentioned though, the not very clean bathroom was in common with the other two Omena Hotels we stayed at.

And I forgot to add - there was a problem with the kettle. It looked the same as at the other hotels, but I think the lip had been squashed as the flow of water when pouring was too much!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Omenahotels, Office Manager at Omena Hotel Tampere II, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear RyanTrotter,

I’m very sorry that you were disappointed with Omena hotels Tampere II and that your room was too cold. So far we have not received feedback from other guests about this problem, but we will have maintenance check the room temperature in Tampere II so that possible problems will be detected and fixed.

In regards to your comment about the standard of cleanliness in the bathrooms, hair in the bathroom is not acceptable or according to our cleaning standards, additionally a dirty/ smelling shower curtain should have been changed by the cleaner, in your case it appears as though the cleaner has missed this. It is very important for us that cleaning in all our hotels is on the same high standard – your direct feedback helps us as we try to become better. We sent your complaint directly to the manager of our cleaning company.

I am also sorry that you experienced some trouble with the kettle in the room. If you as a guest at Omena hotels experience any problems or if something in the room is not working as it should or according to standards, as in your case the broken kettle, coldness or smelling shower curtain, please do not hesitate to call our customer service by phone +358 20 7716 555 or via the direct (free of charge) hotline phone in the lobby, as they are there to help you with any possible problem during your stay.

It is hard for us to comment on the broken extraction fan unit, as we do not have any extraction fans in our hotels, maybe the hole you are referring to could be the hole for ventilation?

Thank you for your feedback!

Best regards:
Katarina/ Office manager
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Need a city centre accomodation without any extra services? This might just be the hotel for you.

Booked online. Hotel is operated without reception. Received a door code by e-mail once room was payed for, and SMS containing room number 24 hours before. Door code is used 4 times in order to access your room - front door, entrance, corridor and your room.

Rooms are simple, clean and ok for an overnight stay. I stayed with friends - 4 adults in a room can be tight, but when the purpose of the visit is going out, you really don't need much or spend much time in your hotel room.

Would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I had to visit Tampere for 3 days and all the usual hotels were booked. Someone suggested the no-frills Omena hotel, and I decided to try it.

Pros: Hassle free, Inexpensive (esp. when booked early), Centrally located, Clean and Neat, Free internet, Mini fridge, Microwave, etc.
Cons: Room too small, no breakfast, no staff around in case you need something (but then, that is their low cost model!)

Since I hardly stayed in the room, going to work early in the morning, and getting back late after dinner, this was sufficient for me...in fact, I might even stay there again considering how simple the whole concept it (no check-in, check-out, etc, just a number code you need to punch in!)

Location of the hotel is absolutely superb, very close to the center of Tampere (Keskustori) on Hameenkatu, lots of things to do around, great places to eat, shop, etc. Railway station and bus station are also closeby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Omenahotels, Office Manager at Omena Hotel Tampere II, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear KrishnaAG,

Thank you for your review! All our hotels are located in the city center - a short walking distance from all main attractions of the city. I am glad that you liked the location, convenience and the rates of our hotel. Like you point out a part of our low-price concept is that our hotels have a fully automated door code system, which means that there is no need for a reception on site. However in case you have any questions or problems you can contact our customer service +35820 7716 555 via telephone or via our direct hotline-phone in the lobby.

As you mention breakfast is not included in the price. However you can reserve breakfast beforehand when you make your reservation or by choosing "booking management" and adding breakfast after you have made your booking. Cafe Siilinkari just next door to the hotel at Hämeenkatu 9, provides breakfast for Omena Hotel guests for EUR 6.80 per person.

I hope that you will come and visit us again soon!

Best regards:
Katarina/ Office Manager
Spijkenisse, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

In my opinion the best choice in Tampere City centre i.e. close to bus and railwaystation , situated in City main street , very clean modern room with toilet/bathroom.
Coffee/tea, fridge, microwave, hairdyer (unfortunately no iron for my shirt).
Breakfast (good) in nearby cafe.
No reception, so only available/bookable through internet
I will certainly visit this hotel again !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This one has better and more center location than the other Omena Hotel in Tampere. Although, both are in the center anyhow. Rooms are smallish. There is enough room for three adults, but four would be too much I think.

The TV in our room didn't work and shower is bit odd for Finland.

The breakfast option is not worth of it.

Still very good stay for the price of it and easy of usege.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I booked for one night through Budgetplaces.com who sent me a reservation stating that my deposit is accepted and the balance must be paid on arrival. You can imagine my surprise to turn up at the hotel and realise that there was no reception desk, the whole thing is using a keycode and I could not even get in.
I called the help number and spoke to a representative, luckily his english perfect and he explained that they no longer do business with budgetplaces and they had not receieved the reservation. It was already 9pm and I was starting to panic so he said he'd look into it and call me back. Five minutes later he did and explained that the room should cost twice what I was expecting to pay but that they would honour the original price. I gave him my credit card details and a few minutes later I was in a perfectly clean and comfortable room. They have free wifi, tea, coffee, kettle, microwave and a fridge.
The shower room was lovely and spotless with aready warmed towel, nice big television and a very comfortable bed. exactly what I needed after travelling all day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Omena Hotel Tampere II? Share your experiences!