“Finnish sauna in Helsinki” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Helsinki

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
China
242 helpful votes
“Finnish sauna in Helsinki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

Finland is note for its sauna.I tried typical Finnish sauna in Helsinki.The sauna cnetre is very luxury and staff is very helpful.
The ticket is 12 euros,which including towel and a swimming ticket.Everyone was naked.When I entered the steam sauna room.It was really hot,we stayed in the room for 10 minutes and went out to have a cold shower.And then we repeated the same procedure.We were allowed to stay there for 2 hours.After leaving the sauna centre,we went to visit Helsinki church.A big white and green church near the central station.A lot of wooden bears were positioned in front of it.I counted the numbers:139.According to the introduction,it was an exhibiton which was held in Helsinki in 2010.It hopes there is no war in the world and everyone can have a peaceful life.

usa
47 helpful votes
“the worst airport in europe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Helsinki may very well be a reasonably nice place to visit (although its historic center is minuscule), but this review is primarily written to warn travelers about the Helsinki airport -- it is a sheer horror. I arrived at 6 am, and it was already packed with people. To check in I had to stand in an amorphous line for almost two hours -- would have missed my flight if I did not lunge forward at the last moment protesting loudly that my flight was leaving in a few moments. I saw a few people who did miss their flights, even though they arrived two hours in advance. There were only three SAS check in counters for all flights, and one of them was closed.There was virtually no service available, people did not even know if they stood in right lines. A truly disgusting place.

london
45 helpful votes
“great for a weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Helsinki is a great place to go for a long weekend. wear comfy shoes and you can walk everywhere. There is a tree lined pedestrianised area leading from the harbour into the town where they have music playing and you can sit and watch the people go by with an icecream or coffee.
it is good to see the city from the sea so get a ferry to one of the islands. there is a fort or a zoo. we went to the zoo but it wasn't a good day as it was the hottest week for more than 70 years and all the animals were asleep out of site.
for some unknown reason the wine is very expensive. A glass is 7 to 8 euros and a bottle is around 32 euros.
I dont think you would much more than a long weekend to see it all.
easy to find your way around

Duisburg, Germany
3 helpful votes
“A city worth exploring with all its charms andvery friendly people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Was visiting Helsinki for a day during a business trip and took time to visit the famous fish market, the islands with the well preserved historical museums.

bratislava
8 helpful votes
“One year business stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I always say to my friends come to visit Helsinki. It is not around the corner and in general there are not famous tourist spots. But I advise you to reserve at least a week stay in Helsinki to be able to soak up the city atmosphere compeltely. Not taking into the account theat comming in the summer is what you should do in the nordic country. It will not impress you by big buildings or boulevards, but being able to walk around the city center from one park to another and enjoying very relaxed atmosphere which will simply suck you inside in something what you will not experience on any other the usual city trip.

Been to Helsinki? Share your experiences!