“Italian in the Land of Cold Herring” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Il Siciliano

Il Siciliano
Aleksanterinkatu 9, Helsinki, Finland (Vironniemi)
09 637 200
Improve this listing
Ranked #145 of 1,010 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Italian
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Bellevue, Washington
“Italian in the Land of Cold Herring”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

After facing a variety of cold fishes on the breakfast menus we were ready for some Italian. Six of us happened upon the Il Siciliano and no one was disappointed. In the group there were four pasta dishes, a pizza and a caprese salad. Everyone enjoyed their food and there were no left overs. Our Australian born server, Laima, took good care of us, the food was hot and atmosphere relaxed and as Italian as you could expect near the north pole.

Would recommend this place for those who have had enough fish and want to taste a little bit of predictable Italian cooking.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Szczecin, Poland
“pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The restaurant is in a center, easy to find. The prices are OK as for Helsinki but openly saying I ate the worse pizza ever... just horrible. I was able to eat 1 little ps only, it was impossible to eat more. There was a lot of clients so, maybe I simply had no luck and the other type of meal is very good there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Really enjoy coming here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

When i want pasta in Helsinki this is the place I go. Staff is good, pasta delicious especially business lunch. I keep visiting each time I'm in town.

Visited May 2013
Erlangen, Germany
“Pizza to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I came late to pick up a pizza. Took not much time then I got it. Ther personall was friendly and helped me, because I wanted a plastic bag to carry my pizza into the hotel. Was a good atmosphere. Pizza was reasonably good.

• Visited April 2013
Kouvola, Finland
“Good location and delicious pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Decided to have dinner here when just passing by. Cozy and casual atmosphere. I ordered pizza di parma, which was delicious. It was smooth and crispy at once. Service was quite friendly, I guess. Just wondering, why the waitress couldn't bring the water at the same with the wine. No problem for me to take it on my own, but otherwise the service would've been just perfect. To be rather basic food and a glass of wine, was a little pricey I think.

• Visited March 2013