“Feeling like home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Strindberg

Strindberg
Pohjoisesplanadi 33, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Vironniemi)
+3589681 2030
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Wiesbaden
“Feeling like home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The place was really comfortable and welcoming, I loved the way everything was positioned and the view that we had on Esplanadi, the nicest street in Helsinki. The food was great and very tasty, but I have to admit that I did not expect to pay 4.90Euros for an espresso and 4 Euros for 1/4 bottle of water. This was very disappointing for me, because I know the real value of the things that were served and the bill was much more expensive than expected. However, I loved the atmosphere and the service, so next time I will probably manage better my decisions!

• 4 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
Basel, Switzerland
“Great location, perfect decor and food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had dinner at this restaurant last Tuesday. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. I had fish and it was jsut perfect. The wine selection is very good and the service friendly and attentive.
From start to the end nothing to complain! A great location after having been downtown, you will love the decor.
Don't miss the dessert!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
pafos
“Arrogant waiter, food good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Been there on a weeknight. There were two waiters (one about 50 years old, smaller, Italian looking and a Finnish guy, around 30, taller) Both ignored me even though it was not busy. They looked unfriendly when I approached them and did not ask how they could help me.

This might be a common behavior in some high class French restaurant in Paris - for Finland it is uncommon.

The food we had was good, though - no complains there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Even the new one is great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Some years ago, my then-employer had an office upstairs from the "old" Strindberg, and I used to visit several times a year. We spent a lot of time in the cafe and went to the restaurant regularly. Both were terrific. I viewed the renovation/relocation of the "old" Strindberg with some concern. I am happy to report they did a terrific job. The cafe, while not quite the same, is still a great place, in a terrific location. A nice place to meet someone for coffee or a drink, sit and read, etc. And the upstairs restaurant is very, very good, with a nice view of the Esplanade. You won't go wrong visiting either of them.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Lovely atmosphere restaurant with nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

First floor traditional style restaurant with nice food at reasonable prices for Scandanavia. Especially enjoyed the crayfish Caesar salad as a main - very tasty large portion.

Visited October 2013