“Excellent price/quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of India Tandoor

India Tandoor
Salomonkatu 19, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Kampinmalmi)
(09) 694 0750
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Helsinki, Finland
“Excellent price/quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very affordable Indian place near Kamppi Center. Easily one of the top restaurants in the area. Though it's no fine-dining, but the dishes are tasty, the service quite good and the prices are quite cheap.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Helsinki
“Just simple and affordable tasty Indian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Never had a bad a bad experience here. Everything works, food, service and price.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oulu, Finland
“OK service, tasteless Naan”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

I have to say: I love Indian spinach dishes. And I have a hunch what a good spinach dish tastes like. So, as we had found a promising-looking Indian restaurant close to the city center of Helsinki, I decided to order chicken in spinach sauce to compare it to my earlier experiences of Indian food.

The result was a bit disappointing: the basic taste of the food was good (but then again, anything tastes good when you're hungry) but the sauce had some fresh or badly cooked ingredients which tasted clearly through the other spices in an uncomfortable way. The food was spicy, gotta say that, but even if it manages to burn your taste nerves it doesn't mean it's necessarily good. My boyfriend ate a stronger dish with a chili sauce and I couldn't bare the taste - I'm not a very big fan of chili sauces to begin with - but at least he was able to finish his food. :D

Sada Naan was included into the meal, which was a positive surprise, but unfortunately the Naan had no taste in it what so ever. There wasn't enough butter or salt in it which made it quite a dry eating experience. I would like to say that I liked the food but I just didn't.

But there were good sides to our visit, too. The atmosphere of the restaurant was calm and the decoration was very elegant and didn't make it seem cheap. The seats were very soft and comfy and service was OK. Not to mention, the Mango Lassi here was good! I could drop by at this restaurant just to drink that but NOT to order anything to eat. ;)

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Home food?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were very happy to see Indian food available & went for dinner.A big disappointment as there was no attempt to make it
authentic. The food was poor, & unappetising presentation.
We could not even eat some of the dishes & ordere frsh ones which were just as bad.
Our server did not even enquire about the food & why we could not eat it.
I hope the people of Helsinki do not rate Indian food by this standard.

Visited August 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
“Tender & Tasty Chicken Tikka & Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I went to Ravintola Tandoor, here in Helsinki, with two dear friends and mentors to celebrate my daughter's 6 month birthday. My non-vegetarian friend had Beef Do Piaza which he liked the best. I would highly recommend their boneless chicken tikka which was sumptuous. The best part of our meal, however, was the service. The owner saw that we were having such a great time that he let us stay way after we had settled the bill. Definitely come here & make sure to have the kulfi and their masala chai!!!

-- Anu Bhardwaj - Venture Catalyst Private Equity Partners