“Excellent Meat ball” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent Meat ball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The setting of the restaurant remains 60's or 70's, staffs were not that friendly as they were always busy. Strongly recommend meatballs, which only costs €15 and the pancake as dessert. One of the strangest thing is they are not allowed customers to take photos inside the restaurant. But taking pictures of our own dishes was allowed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Like stepping into the late sixties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

First of all, I should point out that it's a while since I visited this place, but since it's a restaurant from the 1930ies and the decor is last sixties at best, I'm pretty confident that it won't have changed much.

The place is expensive and the food is mediocre, but it's almost an institution and I'd definately go back. The place is just so weird in it's decor and feel, I remember having a difficult time concentrating on the food, because it was like how people would have eaten a fancy dinner 40-50 years ago. If Mad Men ever does a Helsinki trip, this is where Don Draper will eat.

Visited September 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Overpriced:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I understand restaurants can be expensive, but if the food is wonderful it is not a problem. I have been drinking wine in Helsinki all week so I know there is good wine. My very expensive glass of wine was hardly drinkable. My Wiener schnitzel €23.50 was so overpriced and not delicious. Now the salmon soup was excellent. I would go back for the soup and a beer. The wait staff were wonderful and accommodating. The place was packed with locals so maybe I just ordered the wrong things.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Who'd have know Finnish food is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was not expecting all that much from a traditional Finnish restaurant - especially as I am not too keen on fish but....
EVERY dish ordered by my group of six I really liked and, to my surprise, the the Pike Perch fish was my favourite - gorgeous. As was the Scandanavian Hash, the vegetarian stuffed cabbage, the meatballs and the crispy mini herring - yum

Visited June 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Traditional Finnish Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by my Finnish friend and it seemed that everyone in Helsinki knew about this restaurant.

The location was easy to find, it took me only 15 mins to walk there from Bulevardi. If you are looking for luxury environment and great interior design this is not the place for you. But if you want to have a relaxing experience and try the traditional finnish food you should put Sea Horse in your list.

I went there during lunch time and ordered a "fried steak" and the creamy salmon soup. The fried steak was only average but the creamy salmon soup was delicious, the ingredients were really fresh. I have tried this dish in other restaurants so far this was the best one.

It cost me 31 euro (because I had two glasses of wine), I think it's a good bargain.

• Visited May 2013