“Good food, good restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LAPPI RAVINTOLA - LAPPI RESTAURANT

LAPPI RAVINTOLA - LAPPI RESTAURANT
Annankatu 22, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Kampinmalmi)
09-645 550
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Mexico City, Mexico
“Good food, good restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

It's pure traditional fine food in Helsinki I luv it! You pay for quality and good taste, service is great worth paying a visit here!

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
London
“Lappish game selection for two :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked Lappi as a Valentine's Day treat and we were not disappointed. We chose to have a main meal and a dessert only, accompanied by a glass of champagne. Of course we wanted to try reindeer (a little guilty) and there was elk on offer too so we decided to go for 'Lappish game selection for two'. My absolutely favourite of the selection was reindeer sausage, smoked and flavoursome. My least favourite was the roasted elk as it came very rare, but my husband decided that this was his favourite. As a dessert I had the 'Lappish farm cheese in cinnamon cream' and my husband chose 'Blueberry mousse'. My dessert was different for sure, and it is Lappish speciality so I would recommend trying it. The blueberry mousse was delicious. We really enjoyed our evening at Lappi and would highly recommend it, although make sure you book it as it gets really busy!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belgium
“Lapland in a flat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

First time in Helsinki and interested in local food. Lappi announces itself as such, but this really is a tourist restaurant, the kind organized group visits seem to prefer. I would not call it a trap though, because the food was OK and prices reasonable in this very expensive city. But it is as authentic as a plastic rose. Expect a wooden block hut build into an anonymous concrete building, food served on a wooden plate and waiters dressed in ‘authentic’ clothing.

Visited February 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Good for tourists”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my friend, who recommended the place. The place is decorated warmly as a cottage, and the service is very friendly. Though the food was good, I find the place targeted for tourists who are willing to try northern specialities, and as such, overprized. It is a great place if you are looking for trying reindeer or moose meat, and in overall it is a very nice place to dine.

Visited January 2014
Hale, United Kingdom
“A superb fusion of food, service and ambience - can't wait to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hospitality service is a challenge in Scandinavian countries for many socio-economic and cultural reasons, so that probably influenced that "magical feeling" from the moment I was greeted and seated at my table at Lappi restaurant.

But even on a world-scale, the service was attentive, warm, friendly and "just right".

The cuisine was amazing and it was a challenge when deciding from the menu "what not to order". I asked my colleague what she was thinking of ordering, so that we wouldn't double up and could sample each other's selection.

It's not often you have a truly amazing hospitality experience, but Lappi restaurant are highly recommended as such.

• Visited January 2014