“tasty food and pleasant atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kolme kruunua

Kolme kruunua
Liisankatu 5, Helsinki 00170, Finland (Vironniemi)
9 135 4172
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vironniemi
Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg City, Russia
“tasty food and pleasant atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My friend from Tampere suggested me to go to this place. First evening we came there in a big group (7 people) so there was not enough place and we moved to another restaurant but next day we came back with my friend and eat here a wonderfull soups + deer meat with smashed potatoes. my traditional soup with salmon was simple but really tasty. at this restaurant was really quiet maybe even too quiet or maybe i try to compare with Italy where everybody speaking too loud =)
we payed 52 eur for 2 soups, one deer with potatoes and 2 glasses of wine
i recomend this place

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Finnish first
New York City, New York
“Authentic finnish restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was looking for a place where locals eat. After a little bit of research, it felt like Kolme Kruunua was a choice. I had dinner at the counter and ordered a classic Wiener schnitzel which was excellent - so moist and tender. The place felt warm and cozy especially on a snowy evening and totally unpretentious and relaxed. Staff was lovely. I could have been more adventurous and eat even more local food but could not resist when I saw the schnitzel. Cannot go wrong with Kolme Kruunua.

• Visited February 2013
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Genuine, traditional Finnish restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I travel, I try to find the restaurants where local tend to go. Kolme Kruunua (Three Crowns) is exactly one of those restaurants. Rather than fancy haute cuisine, food is delicious traditional Finnish style for reasonable prices. I also love the atmosphere with 50s decor and friendly service.

Oslo, Norway
“Traditional Finnish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Great little restaurant, friendly staff, good food, nice atmosphere and not expensive. When paying the bill, they had already entered the amount without any extras, had to ask to add the tip. :)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Lund, Sweden
“More places like this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My father recommended this cozy yet really good restaurant with really good food (not gourmet but real food and lots of it) and friendly and pro service. We were six adults and five kids - everything went really smoothly and everyone loved their food. The place has lots of Finnish specialties, but since we were more than 8 we had a special menu. Our new favorite!

• Visited December 2012