“No wine, and used to be better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maithai

Maithai
Annankatu 31-33, Helsinki, Finland (Kampinmalmi)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #306 of 1,012 Restaurants in Helsinki
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kampinmalmi
Helsinki, Finland
“No wine, and used to be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I used to be a die-hard fan of this restaurant, but recent visit was a bit disappointing, relatively speaking. Atmosphere was not so great, a bit stiff and too quiet (my hot date was the highlight hoha), and there was no wine, alcohol or foreign beers. Still the Tom Yum was consistent, though the fish a bit dry.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
“Great food! but a bit unfriendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The food was just amazing, we loved the strong flavors and spices. Even though the place is a bit small & crammed, but its kept neat and clean. We had our baby's pram with us, and it was a bit hard to get it in and keep it beside the table without blocking the path. The service wasnt very friendly, but its good that they speak english as well so easy to communicate. The menu has variety but its a bit towards the pricey side.
Above all, the food trumps everything and we would visit again most probably.

• Visited October 2013
Chemnitz, Germany
“Best thai food in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Excellent thai food. Fresh and delicious. Not much space and limited tables! Service is ok, could be a little bit more friendly.

• Visited September 2013
Tampere, Finland
“Good overseas Thai restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Since I am recently fed up with unvaried Finnish cuisines with cream sauce, I am very eager to eat Asian food. Then, I found a small Thai restaurant, Maithai near my hotel. This is my first visit to Maithai, and so it would be safer to check the quality of the food with standard dishes, such as green curry, pathai, fried rice, etc. However, to my great unease, I felt the taste of every food served by Maithai was very close to real Thai and so delicious.
I can proudly recommend this restaurant to Thai food freaks.
I bet you won't be disappointed with taste of the food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I love the food, best Thai in town. But the service is not great. Once we were the only customers and still the service was not great. The lunches are very good but as the restaurant is so tiny it's always cramped. But a lot of people will not be lucky enough even getting lunch. There is just no room for everyone. Alcohol is not served at Maithai anymore so it's not very good for a special occasion either. But if you just want good Thai food I can still recommend the place.

• Visited March 2013