My husband, my son and I stayed at Omena Hotel Lonnrotinkatu for 5 days.
Firstly, the advantages:
1. It is very good value for money if booked in advance.
2. The room is huge - for a European hotel.
3. Excellent location - a 5 minute walk from Mannerheim street, a 7 - 8 minute walk from the station, the harbor and the good shops.The Forum , with it's many cafes, restaurants and stores, is a very short walk away if you take the short cut ( the side road and side entrance. Just keep a look out on your left while walking from the hotel to Mannerheim street). There is a mini fridge, microwave and kettle in the room - very convenient if travelling with a child.
4. There is free wifi.
Like other reviewers have mentioned, it is a good base to explore the city.
The disadvantages are
1. Don't use this hotel if your idea is just to chill in the room. There is no comfortable place to sit.
2.The room is cleaned only when you check out, or at the end of five days, so it gets a little messy, especially of you are staying with a kid.
3. It is cheap, and can be used by slightly rough elements. They didn't bother us much, except for a little noise in the corridor when they returned from their binges. However, if you are the timid sort, i wouldn't suggest that you stay there over the weekend.
4. There is absolutely no place for storage.
5. It's a little characterless and charmless.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.