“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki

You added GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki to your Saves list
GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kluuvikatu 4, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Formerly Palace Kamp Hotel Glo) (Vironniemi)   |
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Helsinki
UK
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2009

Stayed here for 3 ights from from 4-7 Sep 09. Staff were friendly, we gt upgraded to a suite which was a very very nice room. Locations is perfect in town, close to shops, sights, tourist infomation, transport (5mins walk to Central Train Terminal) and bars and restaurants. I can't recommend this place enough. Got a great rate with Octopus travel at £80, so can't beat it really at that price!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

In the hotel bar as I write this.

Location is fantastic. In the heart of it. Bars and restaurant at your doorstep!

Services / Amenities. Not much here. Small lobby that integrates with bar. TV in room has a quite a few channels but takes 5 seconds before you see what is on the next channel! Wanted to use the much talked about spa for the steam and sauna room but is not included if you have a standard room. You have to pay an extra €10 per day per person to use this facility.

Got a room with just a shower. I asked if I could get a room with a batch tub as soon as I got to my roo but was told the hotel was fully booked. I was asked at check in if I was on my own. I am sure if I said my wife was joining me I would have got a larger room with a bath tub.

The service from the guy at the bar is fantastic though! Service from other staff far from great. Reception could not even give me change of €50. Looked at me as if it was a strange request.

If you want a nice room and great location and are not too bother with the level of service and facilities this is a great hotel for you. I will be back at Hilton Strand next time if the rate is reasonable as my Gold Hilton card gets my into exec lounge where the service is fantastic!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
N Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

We spent two nights in hotel Glo and it is a first class hotel in a great location - convenient to all amenties.
Hotel staff were friendly and very helpful
Rooms were spacious and well presented with fbathrobes and slippers etc and free wireless internet
Breakfast was very good with a wide choice

Helsinki is a beautiful city and if I ever return I would certainly not hesitate in staying at Hotel Glo again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We stayed in a junior suite, it's really just a large room with half a wall separating the bed from the sofas. Nonetheless better than just a bedroom. This was not our first stay at the Glo. It's our second choice to The Kamp. The last time we stayed the staff were excellent and very professional. The staff are friendly and helpful but just not 'sharp'.
The Glo shares the Kamp Hotel's lovely spa facilities, a big advantage.
The position is great, very convenient to shopping and cultural walks.
The impression I was left with was...the Hotel seems to have changed their image, appealing to a different market. For example, What's the idea of loud music blaring over the outside seating area?
The breakfast was dreadful, we arrived 7mins before closing time, bye the time we waited for a table to be cleared, there was no water, no plates,no eggs and scant leftovers. When I asked for a boiled egg, the waitress told me I was too late they were closed. The following mornings were no better, the staff being lethargic. To be fair I believe they were understaffed with novices trying their best.
I cannot believe the Glo will keep 1st spot for much longer. They are riding on the facilities of the Kamp next door. My guess is guests are sleeping at the less expensive Glo and going next door for drinks, meals etc.
We were booked to return to the Glo one week later. We cancelled and went back to the Kamp. It was like going home!
We have visited Helsinki many, many times. We will not be back at the Glo, we obviously don't fit their new target market.
I'm not sure if this review will be helpful as I have found it difficult to pinpoint the problem. I just know something has changed!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Manchester UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in August. We had a standard room which was great. Very nicely decorated and with a wet room bathroom. I loved the extra touches such as the i-pod docking station, extremely comfy slippers and the Glo Beast. Also thought breakfast was very good, contrary to other reviews.
The hotel can't be beaten on location. It's a couple of minutes walk from the harbour and from the railway station. In the square next to the railway station you can catch the pub tram which does a city tour. A great way to see the city whilst enjoying a pint! Highly recommended.
Overall the only downside was the price of room service and the mini bar in the hotel. Absolutely ridiculous prices especially when converted to GBP.
I will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to Helsinki.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

I stayed here for two nights in July and found it great - the location is simply unbeatable, we had a hired car as we would be travelling on so they directed us to a secure underground carpark nearby and as we were guests at the hotel we got it at a reduced rate of around 25 euro per 24hours. the rooms were nice though I certainly wouldn't say huge but, clean and had everything. Breakfast was perfect for our needs. All in all if you are travelling to Helsinki to sightsee it is perfect.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
slovenija
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

It s hard to belive, that it is so good hotel until you try...
LOCATION 10/10
Comfortable room 10/10
bathroom 10/10
Food 10/10
Staff 10/10
free cycle
free internet in loby...
and many many many more...
Damijan J. , Slovenija

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Been to GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki? Share your experiences!