“Highly recommend this place if the price is right!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki

You added GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki to your Saves list
GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kluuvikatu 4, Helsinki 00100, Finland (Formerly Palace Kamp Hotel Glo) (Vironniemi)   |
Ranked #8 of 65 Hotels in Helsinki
Hamburg, Germany
“Highly recommend this place if the price is right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We found this place using the reviews on Tripadvisor. Can't say I wasn't impressed. Great location right in the middle of town. Spot-on service throughout the hotel. Great rooms. We were upgrade to a Deluxe room just because I asked. This is how it should be done. Great gym at this hotel too. Very modern and well equipped. Shared with the Hotel Kämp next door but never crowded. Free if you have a Deluxe room or better. Free wireless LAN throughout the hotel. Another awesome feature I expect from all hotels at this point. Only slight drawback is that I saw what rooms would regularly cost here and would find that a bit too steep. We had a great deal via Expedia and if I ever come back to Helsinki, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
grosBob
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

This hotel is extremely modern and elegant (but also a little impersonal). It's right in the heart of Helsinki. The staff is very nice and helpful. I would definitely go back to the GLO on a future visit to Finland.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Anchorage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

To this day I still dream about this place. This is the only hotel that I have ever stayed in that I actually didn't want to just stay in my room. It is centrally located in downtown Helsinki and I cant say enough great things. The beds are the best I have ever slept on, the comforter and sheets were the softest and when I die I only hope that heaven is this nice.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

My prejudice was that European hotel rooms are very small. The deluxe king room we got at GLO was very spacious. More spacious than rooms I've seen in US. Clean and newly furnished, hardwood floor guestroom facing the famous bakery/coffee place. Loved everything about the room. The breakfast provided was pretty good. Actually very good.
Central location in Helsinki. Helsinki itself was not much of a tourist attraction. We tried a Russian restaurant and were pretty happy. A sushi restaurant in a hotel right next to GLO was a disappointment.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

The Hotel Glo is perfectly situated in the heart of Helsinki, on one of the main shopping streets. The room rate was very reasonable and the furnishings were modern and very comfortable - the bed was heaven! The mini-bar was a little on the pricey side - 9 Euros for a tub of Pringles! - but generally I was very pleased with my stay. Don't expect anything particularly unique - there is nothing that really sets the place apart from other top-end boutique hotels around Europe - but you can expect good service, a comfortable and trendy room, and tasty food for a decent price.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Ra'anana, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

We booked on Agoda.com which was the cheapest place to book on line. The hotel has perfect location, and the staff go out of their way to pamper you and see that you are comfortable and happy. When we arrived, I told them we had stayed at the Palace previously and been disappointed and were hoping for something better. I asked her to give us the best room she could for the price we paid - while batting my eyelashes- and she gave us a georgious and huge room. We had free - take home - slippers, gowns(could buy) and all sorts of little things that make a hotel stay better. THe room had iron and ironing board, coffee and kettle, internet free from your room on the TV, a huge comfortable bed and overall stunning and we felt cared for. I mentioned to the front desk that the room was great but I hate the little processed containers of milk they put in the rooms for coffee. Within minutes they brought a cup of fresh milk - no charge- to the room. There is a bar in the lobby, an ample breakfast and a restaurant - which we didn't use -. On leaving we asked for some extra slippers for our kids and were given 4 more pairs. Sorry if I am going on about the slippers, but they are not your normal hotel pieces of cardboard with some flannel. SO for me it was the little extras, and I loved it!

• Liked — Location and extra caring touches
  • Disliked — THat we had to leave.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

The hotel is very well located in the centre of Helsinki. Hotel Glos is part of the famous Kämp Hotel. The rooms are modern styled and covered with the latest architecure trends. Not only a nice flat screen can you expect but also a TIVOLI One Radio, where you can plug your Apple ipod. So you can play your favorite music from your ipod in the hotel room. There is also a very nice spa with sauna on the flor of the hotel where we have relaxed after christmas shopping.
The service and breakfast were execllent.

• Liked — The location withn Helsinki and the modern style of the rooms
  • Disliked — There is some room for improvement concerneing the selection of breakfast
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to GLO Hotel Kluuvi Helsinki? Share your experiences!