“Good for what it is” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Rantapuisto

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Rantapuisto to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Rantapuisto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ramsinniementie 16, Helsinki 00980 , Finland (Formerly Kokoushotelli Rantapuisto Oy)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #40 of 66 hotels in Helsinki
“Good for what it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a 3 day workshop. The hotel was built in the 60's for a bank training campus, so it is not a new hotel!

Rooms are basic, but very comfortable, clean and warm, and I got one of the best ever nights sleep whilst there.

My room wasn't serviced during the day and I'm not sure why.

Food is good and faculties are great for a conference.

Surroundings are very pretty and I'm sure there is lots to do in the woods and on the sea, when the snow disappears and the ice melts!!

• Stayed April 2013

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Dear All, I woukd like to say a lot of thanks you for this site, honestly, I have chosen the right hotel and booked it for 10 minutes. Before that, I was looking for a suitable option on other sites, but found nothing. Your site really helped me, because I tried to found something a litle bit late - before 2 days till my trip to Finland, nevertheless I have found that I need. Since I first armored something via the internet and also paid in the first, I was a little scary. After booking I immediately called to the hotelf and checked whether the room booked in my name or not. Hotel employee kindly informed this information. Once more, thank YOU.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We visited this hotel for a weekend in February. I did not have a car and walked from the metro. It is about a 20 minute metro ride and then a 30 minute walk. From the metro to the hotel is all residential. There is one market and a pizza restaurant. The hotel itself is very nice. It is geared towards business with lots of conference rooms. My room was nice, clean, and quiet. There were hardly any other people in the hotel. There is free internet, laundry room, sauna, and breakfast. The breakfast was good with lots of options, but it is the same everyday. This hotel is a good place to stay, especially since it was half the price of any other hotel at the time I booked, but do keep in mind it is a little out of the way.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

we stayed in this hotel two times and in both cases it was lovely.its only 10mins from metro station and its a nice walk and the location by the sea is superb,they have a private beach with sand and rocks,where you can watch sunset :-) rooms clean and comfortable and VERY good breakfast.
in a few words,perfect to share city trip with a nature :-)

• Stayed July 2012
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Overall feel of this hotel, on the semi rural outskirts of Helsinki, is more of a scandinavian conference centre venue than a cosy hotel. Its low level and not unpleasing to view with lots of wood in the structure. Its spread out over a wide area so I had a bit of a walk to my room (both indoor and outdoor routes).My single room brought back memories of university accomodation - bit sparse but all the basics: clean, warm enough, tidy, with en-suite. Lovely location in woodland and only 50 metres from the sea. Stayed there for one night before a week of kayaking fron Natura Viva canoeing centre next door to the hotel. Limited evening meal menu but enough choice for me and not too expensive. Decent continental buffet menu with lots of usual choices and the local touch with a variety of herring options! Its 600 metres to a metro station so, if you use the metro to arrive/depart you will probably need a taxi from the station to the hotel, but thats not expensive. The metro runs very regularly into Helsinki city centre: its only a 20 minute journey and not expensive at all. There is a sauna on site but I didn't try it. Overall a good value option if you are not looking for fancy frills.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We booked Rantapuisto through Hotwire so we paid about half the standard rate.

We spent one night here and are so glad we chose somewhere outside of the city. The bus from Rastila station which brings you right to the hotel was not running the day we were there so we settled for the one which drops you just at the turn for Ramsinniementie.

There was heavy snowfall at the time so dragging our cases with us proved quite the struggle, despite it only being a 5 minute (or so) walk to the hotel gates.

The location is stunning. Our room was a standard double and we shared a bed which was slightly small. There was a bathroom ensuite with a shower. One minor quibble: our hairdryer wasn't working and the internet is not free. There is a tv in the room.

Everything was very clean. The hotel is split into a few buildings which gives it a kind of summer camp feel, as the buildings look like cabins.

The breakfast was very nice and varied. Breads, cereals, juices, cheeses, hams and hot food. The staff at reception were very helpful with directions.

We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again but would perhaps enjoy it more if we had a car.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Rantapuisto? Share your experiences!