Stayed here one weekend with four adults "getting away from the normal routine" kinda way. This is all about the location, but the other features are not bad either. When we booked, most of the reservation sites said you can not house four adults in one apartment. There was one site that allowed us to book one apartment, even when it said the sofabed is for two children. Unfortunately I don't remember the site, keep looking. The sofabed is big enough for two adults and the bedroom (at least we had) was almost huge. The price in this case was really cheap in Helsinki. Because me and my wife slept in the sofabed I can tell two nights is my max in that. You can sleep in it, but it is a sofabed alltogether.
The room otherwise offered good kitchen facitilies, but a little bit under average furniture. With this I mean unbroken, but basic stuff. Everything was clean and it was a very quiet street and neighborhood. The receptionist was really helpful, even we did not need anything special. She just told all the basic things, because in the weekend there is no one in duty at the reception. Toilet was functional and clean, something you would expect in Finland anyway.
There is just a very short walk to the centre and we found free parking space very close to the hotel. There is also small grocery and restaurants nearby.
I can honestly recommend this to families and friends if you are looking for a more independent housing comparing to a normal hotel and, like us, wanted to stay together and not run between two hotel rooms. This is our choice also in the future, because it is better equipped than the omenahotels in Helsinki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hellsten Helsinki Senate is located in Katajanokka, one of the most exclusive districts in the heart of Helsinki. It is a promontory surrounded by water, just a stone's throw from the city centre and its attractions. Katajanokka is separated from the mainland by a channel, but it is possible to reach the city area by four bridges. Katajanokka is also the place where ferries from Stockholm and Tallin dock. Helsinki-Vantaa airport is just a 30 minute drive away. All of the major amenities, including shops, cafés, restaurants and cinemas are within walking distance from Hellsten Senate. The hotel has 52 designed one and two bedroom apartments each with a kitchenette, telephone, satellite TV and free internet access. Some of the apartments have their own sauna. A common sauna can be used as well as common laundry facilities. This old renovated building from 1915 has self contained rooms and apartments ranging in sizes from 28 to 160 square meters penthouse suite. All apartments are equipped with kitchenettes for cooking your own food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hellsten Helsinki Senate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hellsten Helsinki Senate Hotel Helsinki
- Accome Senate Helsinki
- Accome Senate Hotel Helsinki