“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've spent the past 5 nights here on a video project and this hotel is outstanding. Other positive reviews are accurate. It's hip but also homey…which is a tough balance to strike. I was in a King Envy room and there was plenty of space for all my equipment. Only reason I give it 4 stars are little nit picks. As I type this, I'm at a tiny little table that appears to have been designed for a 12-year-old. Not an issue if you're not planning to spend a lot of time working. But the high-speed internet makes up for the fact that I'm at the kids' table. Italian restaurant in the hotel is great as is Gaijin just a few doors away. Staff is excellent and was particularly patient as I took down power to the room. Five times. Oh…and people say the street facing rooms are loud but I was on fifth floor with no issues.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tero T, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear PursuiterGuy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to learn that you had an excellent stay. I am sorry, that you found the table space insufficient. Next time just ask and we can provide you with a desk. Hope to see you soon!

Best regards,
Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Finnish first
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just amazing service in Klaus K! Thought we have had excellent service before but Klaus K raised the bar 150%!

Hotel is in good location. Rooms are quite simple but nice looking, clean and high walls makes it roomy.

Breakfast was high quality as well. Also the food and service in Toscanini was excellent.

This is the hotel we definitely go again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
TThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Anni_from_Finland,
Thank you for your nice words. It's always a pleasure to read this kind of praise! Hopefully we can welcome you back soon. Perhaps a summer trip to Helsinki and a night in one of new Klaus K Sky Loft rooms?
Kind regards,
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The hotel was 10 mins walk to the train station, bus station from airport and the Market Square. Our room was clean and in good size but without a view since the windows were blocked. As we only needed a stay, the hotel did served comfortable and convenient. It was nicely decorated inside and the breakfast was great and with wifi throughout the hotel.
The staff were also very attentive. We left for St Petersburg on an early train and they were able to packed us light breakfast and coffee! A nice hotel indeed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tallinn, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

For the past two years, I have always chosen Klaus K for my stay in Helsinki and have not been disappointed. The rooms are nice and with an interesting decor - I've usually asked for the room with a view to the street and have chosen a middle priced choice for the room type. The location is perfect, close to every hip restaurant in town and to shopping; and the italian restaurant the hotel has downstairs, is quite nice as well. The staff is always friendly and helpful and I love the Malin&Goetz products they use in the bathrooms. With years, yes it has changed a bit - first times I was there, the breakfast selection was bigger and they offered champagne when checking-in, which was a very nice touch and a beginning for the vacation. But regardless of that, it still remains my favorite choice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

If you are looking for an exceptional hotel then look no further! Klaus K hotel in Helsinki is not just a stunning design hotel with a wonderful ambience, it has to be said that the customer service skills of its staff are second to none. Nothing is too much trouble for the Klaus K staff and they go above and beyond in making you feel welcomed and valued. The rooms are not huge but it is Europe after all, and the location with a tram stop right out the front door is excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
TThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hello SmeeMVH,
It's nice to read that you had a really enjoyable stay at Klaus K Hotel! Please come back soon.
Best regards,
Tallinn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We absolutely loved our three night stay at Klaus K. The presentation, staff, customer service, style, philosophy, location, rooms, bathroom products and overall experience helped to make our stay in Helsinki a stylish, friendly and memorable one. The only thing I'd note is that our room had little space to store our clothes and large suitcases but this was easily managed and a minor issue for us.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Klaus K is without a doubt a beautiful hotel. It is trendy, hip and is blessed with an excellent location. But it has plenty of problems beneath its sleek surface.

I had booked a room nearly four months in advance. When I arrived, I was told they were doing some construction and my room would be a bit inconvenienced, and was given a ticket for a free drink in their bar. This seemed nice until I arrived in my room. The windows, because of the construction, were covered completely with cardboard. I know some hotels offer a "street view" or "ocean view" but I have never heard of "no view." Thanks for the drink, but no amount of alcohol exists in this world for me to pay a large sum of money to stay in a room with no windows. It doesn't matter how trendy the hotel is. This is where Klaus K fails: it is far too consumed with its own image and status to understand that it is completely unacceptable to treat a customer this way.

When I complained profusely, I was moved to a different room. If one with windows was available, why book me in the first room to begin with? No one should have been booked in that room, let alone someone that prepaid for their room several months in advance.

Klaus K is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location, but I will be staying elsewhere when I return to Helsinki.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
TThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Zach L,
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that have failed to communicate to you what was happening during your check in. The room type that you had reserved had rooms available only in the area that was affected by facade renovation, meaning the windows were covered. After you complained, my team members upgraded you immediately to a Desire Room that was facing another direction. It wasn't that we were holding back on rooms with a view. There just weren't any available in a category that you had reserved.
Again, I am sorry that you felt being mistreated; this would never be our intention.
Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager

Been to Klaus K Hotel? Share your experiences!