“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
København, Danmark
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My absolute favourite hotel in Helsinki.
I have stayed here two times now and I love the Scandinavian yet Finnish style and atmosphere this hotel brings. Small but cozy rooms nice bathroom with a tub. And the hotel - like most in Finland I suppose - have a private sauna.
The breakfast is a must have. The selection of Finnish bread, meat, cheese and fruit (jam or fresh) is a great way to start the day and something different than what is served in other places.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear NubbieDK, thank you for making the time to fill out a review for our hotel. You picked up on many of the things that we take a great deal of pride in. Thank you for your compliments and I hope to welcome you back some day in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nothing to complain about! Staying at a hotel in my hometown was an interesting experience. Booking last minute gave us a good deal on the price. Executive package was nice for only + 30 €. Sparkling wine at check in was good, breakfast in room wonderful and late check out a welcome add-on. The newly renovated lounge bar/ living room is nice. Staff efficient and polite. A good night's sleep in the very center of Helsinki.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Traveleuse_10, I greatly appreciate your review! My team and I have taken pride in creating a new space for guests to enjoy Klaus K. Thank you for noticing and taking advantage of our packages. I look forward to welcoming you back to Klaus K in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at klaus k hotel for a weekend, the hotel is really nice and located walking distance from everything. It's really a deign hotel and the lobby is impressive with cool decorations!
We had the room type desire and the room was nice and normal size, bed was really nice and comfortable, bathroom was really nice, only negative thing about the room was that they should take the carpet away because it looks old..
The breakfast is amazing, everything is organic and the have everything!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear mariaL1984, thank you for you kind comments and constructive criticism. They are very helpful for me when making decision with my team on actions we need to take in order to present the best experience in Helsinki. We recently renewed our lobby space so I am very happy you noticed our efforts! We will inspect the carpets in the rooms and get them on a significant refresh program including cleaning and replacement as needed. In addition, I am happy to see you found our breakfast enjoyable. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

+ nicely furnished rooms, friendly staff, great sauna, central location, fantastic breakfast incl free newspapers and great bar
- super-tiny standard rooms (trust me, too tiny even to unpack your trolley), make sure you pay for upgrade

Room Tip: don't take standard room, super super tiny
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Thomas R, I appreciate your review. We have many sizes of rooms as you seem to have found out. Many people find the small rooms perfect for them. Of course, each person may have a personal preference. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself otherwise. I appreciate you recommending our hotel. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is an alternative hotel for me when my regular hotel in Helsinki is fully booked. The rooms are very modern, but tiny. There isn't even a wardrobe. It is just a clothe rack. It can be a little claustrophobic. The gym in the hotel is well kitted out. The hotel is well-located, and smacked right in the centre of the city.

The staffs are friendly, and always attentive.

Good hotel for business travellers, or someone who doesn't stay in the room too much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear HotelHopper56, I am sorry to read you felt your room was small. We have more than 7 different sized rooms to choose from. I am happy to read that you were happy with everything else. I hope to see you again at Klaus K. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Reading some reviews here I suspect I was wise not to book the cheapest (smallest) room. Mine wasn't huge but it was a decent size with an excellent (king size) bed.

The hotel was quite full and the breakfast room got quite crowded. Breakfast is excellent though and the barley porridge with rhubarb sauce is something I definitely aim to replicate at home at some stage!

The location is good: central but quiet and really handy for the design district.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dar Ann J, I am happy to read that you enjoyed yourself and especially our breakfast items. I look forward to welcoming you back. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a really hard review to write!

On the positive side this was a really nice hotel. The staff were courteous and friendly. The fixtures and fittings were clean and modern. Little details are well looked after such as the high quality products in the room, the many different options for breakfast and the complete environmental breakdown on the big screen by the lift. The location is also great, right in the centre of town, and within easy walking distance of many restaurants.

However, my room was absolutely tiny. It was beautifully finished but to give you an idea I couldn't walk between the bottom of my bed and the wall (upon which the TV hung). I had to turn sideways on and shuffle past! It was so tight that there was no proper desk, with just a hospital style table top that comes over the top of the bed (good I guess for breakfast in bed but no use if you have work to do). There was a tiny chair which was uncomfortable and not suitable for sitting down to e.g. read a book.

For many people I appreciate that this won't matter much - their room will just be somewhere to dump their stuff and crash out. However, for business travellers in particular, or heaven forbid if there were two of you in the room, it was just too cramped and tight for me.

Room Tip: I asked the lady on reception and she just said to pay more!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear diesled, thank you for making the time to write a review. You said it was hard to write but I want you to know that it is valuable to receive your comments. I hope to welcome you back in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Been to Klaus K Hotel? Share your experiences!