“super-tiny rooms but stylish and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bulevardi 2-4, Helsinki 00120, Finland   |
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“super-tiny rooms but stylish and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

+ nicely furnished rooms, friendly staff, great sauna, central location, fantastic breakfast incl free newspapers and great bar
- super-tiny standard rooms (trust me, too tiny even to unpack your trolley), make sure you pay for upgrade

Room Tip: don't take standard room, super super tiny
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Thomas R, I appreciate your review. We have many sizes of rooms as you seem to have found out. Many people find the small rooms perfect for them. Of course, each person may have a personal preference. I am happy to hear you enjoyed yourself otherwise. I appreciate you recommending our hotel. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is an alternative hotel for me when my regular hotel in Helsinki is fully booked. The rooms are very modern, but tiny. There isn't even a wardrobe. It is just a clothe rack. It can be a little claustrophobic. The gym in the hotel is well kitted out. The hotel is well-located, and smacked right in the centre of the city.

The staffs are friendly, and always attentive.

Good hotel for business travellers, or someone who doesn't stay in the room too much.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear HotelHopper56, I am sorry to read you felt your room was small. We have more than 7 different sized rooms to choose from. I am happy to read that you were happy with everything else. I hope to see you again at Klaus K. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Reading some reviews here I suspect I was wise not to book the cheapest (smallest) room. Mine wasn't huge but it was a decent size with an excellent (king size) bed.

The hotel was quite full and the breakfast room got quite crowded. Breakfast is excellent though and the barley porridge with rhubarb sauce is something I definitely aim to replicate at home at some stage!

The location is good: central but quiet and really handy for the design district.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dar Ann J, I am happy to read that you enjoyed yourself and especially our breakfast items. I look forward to welcoming you back. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a really hard review to write!

On the positive side this was a really nice hotel. The staff were courteous and friendly. The fixtures and fittings were clean and modern. Little details are well looked after such as the high quality products in the room, the many different options for breakfast and the complete environmental breakdown on the big screen by the lift. The location is also great, right in the centre of town, and within easy walking distance of many restaurants.

However, my room was absolutely tiny. It was beautifully finished but to give you an idea I couldn't walk between the bottom of my bed and the wall (upon which the TV hung). I had to turn sideways on and shuffle past! It was so tight that there was no proper desk, with just a hospital style table top that comes over the top of the bed (good I guess for breakfast in bed but no use if you have work to do). There was a tiny chair which was uncomfortable and not suitable for sitting down to e.g. read a book.

For many people I appreciate that this won't matter much - their room will just be somewhere to dump their stuff and crash out. However, for business travellers in particular, or heaven forbid if there were two of you in the room, it was just too cramped and tight for me.

Room Tip: I asked the lady on reception and she just said to pay more!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear diesled, thank you for making the time to write a review. You said it was hard to write but I want you to know that it is valuable to receive your comments. I hope to welcome you back in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Milan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I work for business and despite the young attitude of this place it misses nothing for my needs . it is well placed and the service is excellent .Rooms are comfortable and personnel is attentitve and friendly .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear piero_ricci, thank you for you kind compliments! My team will be excited and I look forward to welcoming your back. Take care, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed 5 nights in Klaus K hotel on a business trip. However, my family also stayed with me in the room for 2 nights. Couple of things I really liked about this hotel:

+ Location: Perfect location on Bulevardi means that you are very close to shopping and all the nice restaurant and bars Helsinki has on offer.
+ Design: The details in the room based on themes. Good quality bed, enough bath amenities, fresh looking bathroom.
+ Ahjo bar and Toscanini restaurant. I was easily able to convince my friends to come and say hi without a need for me to leave the hotel.
+ Breakfast: Even though the selection is not as wide as in most 5 star hotels, all the products were high quality and delicious. Try their porridge, it’s fantastic. We actually used to come for breakfast to this hotel when we lived in Helsinki.

And couple of things I disliked:
- Smallest hotel room I have been to (and I upgraded to bigger from single room…I wonder how small that would have been). Definitely not meant for families.
- Room service fee of 10 euros when you order from the Toscanini restaurant. This is ridiculous.

Would I stay again in Klaus K? I might, although for a small extra amount of money I can stay in Haven with much bigger rooms but if I found a good offer for the bigger rooms in Klaus K, then yes. I also wish I had had time to try the Helsinki Day Spa which is nicely located in the same building. I highly recommend this hotel for young minded people who like nice design and who want to be near bars and restaurants (and who do not mind if the room is small).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dar saga F, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Klaus K! You took a lot of time to write a review and I appreciate that. I hope you'll choose Klaus K on your next return trip to Helsinki. Take care, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Contrary to some of the other reviews this is the biggest hotel room I have ever stayed in! Comparable to NYC. I think we stayed in Envy Plus. The room was really great, comfortable bed, amazing shower, big tv, gorgeous windows, robes, sofas, mini bar etc. Great design feel to it.

There was a great array of delights at breakfast, sweet, savory, continental, traditional. Just about whatever you wanted. We also tried the Italian restaurant inside which was delicious. Make sure you book in advance to secure a good table - we had problems with how "intimate" we were with the couples of either side and asked to move. The food and interior is lovely though but by no means cheap. The bar is also very lively at the weekend and was great fun.

We went around Christmas time so the reception area was beautifully decorated and had these cinnamon candles that smelled so good I had to go and buy one! Lots of lovely touches and well thought out design. A very cool hotel with an excellent central location. Would recommend to anyone.

We only spent 3 nights in Helskini which was not long enough to explore the exciting city, but was quite long enough for our bank balance!

Room Tip: Choose a "plus" room if you are concerned about the size of the room - ours did not disapp...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Helen Gapper, it is so nice to read how you picked up on so many details! We strive to present many fun and exciting things for our guests. I hope to welcome you back in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Been to Klaus K Hotel? Share your experiences!