I stayed 5 nights in Klaus K hotel on a business trip. However, my family also stayed with me in the room for 2 nights. Couple of things I really liked about this hotel:
+ Location: Perfect location on Bulevardi means that you are very close to shopping and all the nice restaurant and bars Helsinki has on offer.
+ Design: The details in the room based on themes. Good quality bed, enough bath amenities, fresh looking bathroom.
+ Ahjo bar and Toscanini restaurant. I was easily able to convince my friends to come and say hi without a need for me to leave the hotel.
+ Breakfast: Even though the selection is not as wide as in most 5 star hotels, all the products were high quality and delicious. Try their porridge, it’s fantastic. We actually used to come for breakfast to this hotel when we lived in Helsinki.
And couple of things I disliked:
- Smallest hotel room I have been to (and I upgraded to bigger from single room…I wonder how small that would have been). Definitely not meant for families.
- Room service fee of 10 euros when you order from the Toscanini restaurant. This is ridiculous.
Would I stay again in Klaus K? I might, although for a small extra amount of money I can stay in Haven with much bigger rooms but if I found a good offer for the bigger rooms in Klaus K, then yes. I also wish I had had time to try the Helsinki Day Spa which is nicely located in the same building. I highly recommend this hotel for young minded people who like nice design and who want to be near bars and restaurants (and who do not mind if the room is small).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All 171 rooms including 30 Skylofts (of which 3 suites), 3 art rooms are provided with state-of-the-art equipment ranging from custom made beds and mattresses to laptop size safe to oversized robe and towels to LED television to free wireless high speed internet. Room categories playfully range from Mystical to Passion to Desire to Envy, all describing the emotions that are depicted from the mythical Finnish literature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Klaus K Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Klaus k Helsinki
- Hotel Klaus k