“Good an well located” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good an well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

It is very well located; tram from port stops at the front of the hotel, and also the tram that goes to main train station, to get airbus , you are at walking distance of almost everything to be seen in Helsinki.
The rooms are comfortable and clean though the design style is a little dark if you need to use you computer, breakfast was good . I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear normafernandez, thank you for writing your review. I believe your comments are very helpful for future guests. We have several types and styles of rooms for guests to choose from. I promise to improve the presentation of our rooms with our new website coming the end of this year. I hope to welcome you back to Klaus K the next time your are in Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed mostly at Klaus K whenever I visit Helsinki, both for business and leisure. The location is very convenient, next to a tram stop, on a leafy central boulevard. The rooms have been designed with a typical design hotel attention to detail and the amenities are of high quality. What's more, the beds are really comfy and combined with a good sound insulation, provide you with a quaranteed good night sleep. There is a spacious sauna in the adjacent building, which is free for the hotel guests to use. The best aspect of the stay though, is without any hesitation, the breakfast buffet. The buffet includes a wide array of local produce; cheese, cold cuts and fish, ad well as a great selection of freshly baked bread. Also worth mentioning, is the delicious porridge cooked in an oven, something I have not come across in any other hotel or resto in Finland.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Kalle K, you certainly made my day when I read your review of my hotel. I truly hope that we can continue to welcome you back to Klaus K on your return trips to Helsinki. We are making several improvements this year (new towels, new televisions) and we'll be making big changes in our bar and restaurants in January 2013. It is very exciting! Welcome back! All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The location of the hotel is great, but there are a lot of hotels in a great place in Helsinki.
The room we stayed at - 503 - was small but spotlessly clean. I loved the quality of the soaps and shampoo and there was even bodylotion :) Hotel was very quiet so you would get a good night sleep even though there was a noisy club downstairs.

Staff of the hotel was friendly, breakfast was a little disappointing served in a growded breakfast room. We were served complimentery glasses of bubbly wine, that was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear tessuli, thank you for writing your review. I am happy you recognized so many of our great qualities. I am sorry we fell short on your expectation of the room size. We have several to choose from and perhaps we can find a better fit for your preferences next time. I hope we can welcome you back someday in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Tallinn, Estonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Design hotel everyone seems to be very impressed about. Well, perhaps that gets excpectations high. Overall there is nothing to complain except room we stayed in was really tiny (called passion and mystical).
I liked the most breakfast - lots of organic staff available. And location was really convinient.

• Stayed August 2012
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Evenlin456, Thank you for making time to write your review. We have many different styles and sizes of rooms to offer. I hope we can welcome you back to Klaus K in the future and perhaps try one of our other room types which will suit your preferences. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I defintiely enjoyed my stay at Klaus K, my room was only a mini room but it was decorated lovely and the bathroom was very spacious.

The lobby area and design of the hotel is unusual and really interesting to see.

My only problems were that I think my expectations were too high. I'd read some really rave reviews about the service and the breakfast. However, my own experience was somewhat different. The staff were friendly but certainly didn't go the extra mile like I had expected. For example, I asked at Reception for a taxi and they told me to wait outside where there would be many taxis already waiting. After standing outside for ten minutes though I had to return inside and ask if they could call one specifically for me which they didn't seem eager to do.

The breakfast was nice but there were no hot items served. I wasn't sure if you were supposed to order hot food seperately but then no waiters came round so I just presumed not. On the final morning of my stay the breakfast area was very crowded. I had to queue for a considerable length of time at all the breakfast areas and sit round the corner outside of the restaurant in order to eat.

I stayed at the Klaus K for 3 nights and I was unable to get my room cleaned during this time. The cleaners seemed to come at really inappropriate times! They either came too early or at tea time when I was getting ready for dinner. On that occasion the cleaner explained that they were behind as the hotel was full which I could appreciate but as I was getting ready in the room I couldn't have it cleaned again.

I have family in Helsinki so I visit it a lot and have stayed in a number of hotels. I've found other hotels a lot cheaper and you get a lot more space and an equal standard of service and breakfast at most of the hotels in Helsinki.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear dew bobs, I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations while you stayed with us earlier this summer. I know we are better than what you described but obviously it doesn't matter what I say I know it is what we actually do. I am very sorry for not performing at our norm. I promise you that I have reviewed your comments with each and every team member to show them that although we feel we are doing our best it can happen that we underperform at times. Thank you for making the time to write your review. I truly hope that you will give us another chance on your return trips to Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Valdosta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

First off, the location in Helsinki could hardly be better. Klaus K is well situated for the Design District and for the whole downtown area, with lots of shops, restaurants, and bars within five minutes on foot. The hotel style concept is cool, too, and adds some flavour above and beyond the standard hotel experience. Being right in the city centre, space can be tight, and en suite bathrooms and the street-front Italian restaurant are somewhat cramped. We just had one or two niggles with the service: one day we were given too few towels, one of the items in the minibar had already been opened ... small things, but significant. In addition, booking the sauna proved tricky as a couple: we tried to book it for a special occasion, but were told that we had to wait until the day beforehand in case a business group wanted it ... which of course they did. As private guests, we seemed like a second priority. However, the sauna is lovely and well worth the effort of finding a convenient time, as is the attached Helsinki Day Spa.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear kanikoski, it appears as though Klaus K is perfect for you. We will make sure you get to take a sauna next time. I hope to welcome you back in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights over the weekend in Helsinki. The taste of Finland breakfast was superb, as were the surprise glasses of bubbles on arrival. The room was clean and well decorated with quality soaps and linens. The parking under the hotel was relatively cheap for the weekend (40euros) thanks to a 20% discount from the hotel. Overall I find this hotel to be a great little "design" hotel with great furnishings and restaurants. I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear DrAndyC, it sounds like you have found all the great benefits we try to provide our guests. I really appreciate you taking time to write all these attributes for others to see. I look forward to welcoming you back to Klaus K next time you are in Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Been to Klaus K Hotel? Share your experiences!