“Excellent place to stay in Helsinki” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bulevardi 2-4, Helsinki 00120, Finland   |
Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent place to stay in Helsinki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

This was a great hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. The buffet breakfast was awesome. It was very quiet, and the design and artwork are very interesting.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Caren G, thank you for writing your review! I think our location is one of our biggest advantages for our guests. I hope we can welcome you back in the future. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I'll start with the positive aspects. And there are plenty. FIrst of all I'd say the staff. I have no complaint whatsoever. They are friendly and helpful and get out of their way to be useful. I even ran into the manager and he too was friendly and caring.
Congratulations to the person responsible for choosing and training the personnel.
Then, the breakfast. I loved it. I can't say there was something special. It was just right and tasty. In all honesty, never have I had better scrambled eggs! Kudos to the chef.
The restaurant downstairs. Very nice. Cleanliness. No complaints either. Location. Quite central (like two tramway stops away from the central station).
So, what's negative about it?
I bet you've read about it already. Tiny rooms. I mean, I read it too, but I've never expected to see a single bed. I mean REALLY single bed. And no desk to put your computer on... If you're on business trip and you need to work on your laptop as much as I had... think about it. Elevator... tiny. Decoration, nice, but not good enough for my standards of a design hotel. Price? Pricey.
Really. If it weren't for the excellent staff and the excellent breakfast I wouldn't be happy at all.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear demetrios, I am happy to read that you liked our hotel and the different services we offer. Regarding your comment about the small rooms, I am sorry this was not a comfortable room for you. We have several different room types and sizes in an attempt to find a good solution for everyone. I hope that when you return, we can find a better room fit for you and welcome you back for a great experience! Sincerely, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Friendly staff, excellent Italian restaurant, in the heart of the city. Very small rooms, though.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Ino P, thank you for making time to write your review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our staff, restaurant and location. Regarding rooms, we have several different sized rooms ranging from 15 sqm to 55 sqm. I am certain we can find a perfect fit for you on your next stay. I wish you all the best. Marc Skvorc, General Manager
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Klaus K. Very pleasant stay. You have everything you need plus a feeling that some thought and care went into the design of the hotel. There are interesting details everywhere, from the magazines in the room to the unique lamps and patterned shower glass.

Breakfast is included, but we thought it nothing special by our American standards. I guess we value our toast and eggs very highly. I didnt see a toaster and the eggs were strangely salty (or cheesy?) I thought the barley porridge with rhubarb sauce was good, but my husband wished it were oatmeal. Fruit selection was poor - wish there were some berries or apricots that are in season here.

We booked a "passion queen" room. They let us check in early and gave us the equivalent mystical queen. The bed looked a little small and I realize now that 140cm (their queen bed here) is equal to the American full bed. The mattress was quite comfortable despite wishing it were a few inches wider. Lots of cushy pillows.
And the custom bath towels were awesome.

Can't complain much about Klaus K. Not high luxury, but definitely a nice place to stay near all of the attractions.

• Stayed June 2012
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Deena M, I am happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. I appreciate the comments and will use them to continue to strive for improvement as it seems you like the way we are going. I hope to welcome you back when you return to Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Coppull, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Lovely. Bit design lead, but overall very good. Really nice Italian just be clear with starters and mains.

• Stayed May 2012
sarasota, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Klaus K's location is just right for Helsinki. Right in the middle of the city, you can easily walk to the harbor, to sites such as the Kiasma (contemporary art museum), the Saarinen Central Railroad Station, Stockman's huge department store and other places.

Yes, the rooms are small and in fact, the bed is also small. A very large person wouldn't be comfortable. But it worked well for me. Smart decor and well-appointed, the room and bathroom functioned well. A huge bonus was the breakfast buffet: every kind of juice, meats, eggs, an assortment of fresh fruit, wonderful breads, and excellent coffee. The staff, too, was friendly and extremely helpful.

I would stay there again...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a great stay in Klaus K. design hotel. The service was excellent, we had a very early check in without any problems.

The breakfast is also great, and our room was very clean. Bigger rooms would be nice, but the experience in total was one of the best in Helsinki.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Klaus K Hotel? Share your experiences!