“Very Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“Very Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at Klaus K. Very pleasant stay. You have everything you need plus a feeling that some thought and care went into the design of the hotel. There are interesting details everywhere, from the magazines in the room to the unique lamps and patterned shower glass.

Breakfast is included, but we thought it nothing special by our American standards. I guess we value our toast and eggs very highly. I didnt see a toaster and the eggs were strangely salty (or cheesy?) I thought the barley porridge with rhubarb sauce was good, but my husband wished it were oatmeal. Fruit selection was poor - wish there were some berries or apricots that are in season here.

We booked a "passion queen" room. They let us check in early and gave us the equivalent mystical queen. The bed looked a little small and I realize now that 140cm (their queen bed here) is equal to the American full bed. The mattress was quite comfortable despite wishing it were a few inches wider. Lots of cushy pillows.
And the custom bath towels were awesome.

Can't complain much about Klaus K. Not high luxury, but definitely a nice place to stay near all of the attractions.

• Stayed June 2012
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Deena M, I am happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel. I appreciate the comments and will use them to continue to strive for improvement as it seems you like the way we are going. I hope to welcome you back when you return to Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Finnish first
Coppull, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Lovely. Bit design lead, but overall very good. Really nice Italian just be clear with starters and mains.

• Stayed May 2012
sarasota, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

The Klaus K's location is just right for Helsinki. Right in the middle of the city, you can easily walk to the harbor, to sites such as the Kiasma (contemporary art museum), the Saarinen Central Railroad Station, Stockman's huge department store and other places.

Yes, the rooms are small and in fact, the bed is also small. A very large person wouldn't be comfortable. But it worked well for me. Smart decor and well-appointed, the room and bathroom functioned well. A huge bonus was the breakfast buffet: every kind of juice, meats, eggs, an assortment of fresh fruit, wonderful breads, and excellent coffee. The staff, too, was friendly and extremely helpful.

I would stay there again...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We had a great stay in Klaus K. design hotel. The service was excellent, we had a very early check in without any problems.

The breakfast is also great, and our room was very clean. Bigger rooms would be nice, but the experience in total was one of the best in Helsinki.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Valencia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I was recently in the Hotel with my husband for a 6 night stay and the hotel quite frankly did not live up to my expectaciones.I found the room to be too small(number 426) for comfort and the view was absolutely awful(an inner courtyard).The air conditioning units are noisy and don´t seem to obey the knobs in the rooms:there was no way to turn the unit off.However in all honesty I must say there were nice surprises also.The bathroom amenities (shower scrub,shampoo,etc were all from Malin Goetz!) the breakfast area is comfortable although the food somewhat boring(I think a little variation from day to day would solve the problem).The hotel staff is helpful,efficient,friendly and they deserve to be mentioned for their good work.I don´t know if I´d return to the hotel however should I ,I´d make sure to book a larger room .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear eva h, thank you for taking time to write your review of my hotel. You pointed out a couple areas where we can improve and we have take steps in that direction already. In addition, I am making changes on our website to we can be more forthcoming with our room explanations. The tricky part for me is that we have so many different shapes and sizes it becomes a challenge. However, I am committed to make this improvement since I feel it will help future guests. I hope to welcome you back to Klaus K when you return to Helsinki. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager.
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Very nice friendly efficient hotel
Nice room and very good breakfast with friendly staff
Only issue is sharp increase in cost since last time (+€100) although booked via company so will check next time

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Trevor&Alison, thank you for your kind words in Trip Advisor. I would recommend booking our hotel via our own website in the future to obtain the best rates. When you choose to return to Klaus K again, I would be happy to handle your reservations personally. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

For me, Klaus K is my base of operations in Helsinki due to 3 things: best breakfast in town, great location and some really nice rooms. Let's start with breakfast: a selection of all things tasty from Finland, from amazing porridge (the only place where I have porridge!) to delicious fish, pastries etc. Then the location: right in the middle of the city, for holidays it's just a short walk to the nice Punavuori district and the southern seafront, while for work all the main central offices are walking distance. And then the rooms – it's really worth asking for one on the higher floors and discussing the room at the reception. That way you can get a stay that fits what you are looking for (I always request a bathtub which they nicely arrange). So really: the thing that's never gone wrong for me is the quality of the customer service, you always feel welcome here and they are happy to help if there is any issue. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear LassiK, I appreciate you making the time to write your comments in Tirip Advisor. You have pointed out many of the attributes that make Klaus K, as you put it, your home base in Helsinki, as many of our guests do. If there is anything that I can do for your future stays, please contact me directly although my team is completely empowered to do what it takes. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

Been to Klaus K Hotel? Share your experiences!