“a perfect hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Helsinki, Finland
“a perfect hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I spent 3 nights in this hotel. Its my favourite hotel in Helsinki. I cannot say anything bad about it. Room is nice, staff is friendly. I only had breakfast here. Restaurant is spectacular, food was delicious with many choices, buffet style. A bit pricey though.

PS: I visited this hotel in January 2010, but I cant select it below.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Andras B, thank you for making the time to write this encouraging review. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager

547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a hotel I use often for business trips to helsinki but it would be great for leisure too. The rooms are all a little different but all of them are very comfortable. The breakfasts are excellent and the Italian restaurant is really good - so on a freezing night you don't have to go far! But the most important thing is the staff - they are more than helpful and go that extra mile.

Room Tip: All good A or B side are good but the central rooms are quieter
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you joannep2012!

Reading your review in here is a really nice way to start the day. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Klaus K Hotel with other TripAdvisor users. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Tero Thynell
Rooms Manager
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very stylish design hotel in the heart of Helsinki. Nice variation of rooms, good restaurant downstairs and fresh, tasty breakfast.

Room Tip: Avoid the cheapest ones as they are a bit tiny. Anything above that is very good.
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Dear merxell, thank you for taking the time to write your review about Klaus K. I appreciate your kind and complimentary words. It sincerely makes me very proud. I look forward to welcoming you back. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

The hotel was wonderfully central, the service was outstanding, the breakfast and brunch buffets were excellent, but the room itself was totally inadequate for a stay of more than one night, although probably fine for business people on the move from one city to another. The storage space was minimal and difficult to access, the room was tiny, the lighting was terrible and there was no desk - just a table with the minibar underneath - nowhere to put your feet. Helsinki was very very cold but it was lovely and warm in the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the biggest room they have. View doesn't matter much here.
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear Alpujarra2,

Thank you for your review!

I am happy to read that even though the size of the room type that you had reserved did not meet your expectations you still enjoyed other features and service at Klaus K Hotel. As you mention in your Room Tip we do have several room types from which our guests can choose the one that suits their needs best. With regards to the lighting, we are working in it. We are currently working on a "rooms perfect" project where we go through every room and look for anything that needs to be fixed or imptoved and lighting is as well part of this. Hopefully you will see the improvement on your next stay!

Tero Thynell
Rooms Manager
Los Gatos, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Staff was nice. Breakfast was okay (I've had better at the Hiltons in Helsinki). Elevators are claustrophobic.

Room Tip: Find out if they have rooms where the bathroom has a tub (thus ensuring you're not having a show...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear JLW3,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay at Klaus K Hotel. We really value all comments that we receive from our guests regarding their experience.

I was happy to read that we had succeeded in our guest service and you feel that our associates were nice.

I want to comment as well on the issues that did not make you happy.

- Breakfast was okay (I've had better at the Hiltons in Helsinki).
Our breakfast consists of mainly organic and local produce products that are "hand picked" and of the highest quality. We do not offer a selection of hot items in the buffet but instead prepare cooked breakfast on order. Without knowing exactly what you were missing on your breakfast I can not unfortunately point out what would the remedy be.

- Elevators are claustrophobic.

The elevators are steel and mirror covered and there is music playing. We are in a process of changing the interior slightly and hopefully you as well like the new atmosphere better.

- No comfortable working area. I thought it a very poor tradeoff to have an eight foot long credenza for holding magazines/wine bottle & glasses and yet not have an area on this credenza to be able to work from it. Instead, there's a hospital patient type table that you're supposed to use.

We don't have "working desks" in any of the rooms. We encourage our guests to come out from their rooms to enjoy our public spaces. There is a free WiFi all over the hotel. In the rooms the table with wheels that you refer to as hospital table is designed to be on perfect height to work on ones laptop when sitting on a chair. Perhaps you were not explained this feature.

- The bathroom was my biggest beef: There isn't a fully enclosed shower area which means you have water spraying out all over the bathroom floor whenever you take a shower - I had to daily use the hand towels to mop up the floor so that I didn't get my feet wet when using the sink or toilet. Also, there was no bath mat nor wash cloths. The area around the sink is tiny and the glasses they supply are too big for filling from the shallow sink.

I am sorry to hear the there was no bath mat or wash cloths in your room. This is clearly our mistake that should not have happened. And I totally understand the inconvenience with wet floor if you are missing a bath mat. With regards to the glasses apparently there is wrong kind of glasses in that room. I would appreciate if you could send me a quick email to inform the room number and I would see that this issue gets sorted.

- Room was always cold no matter how high I set the temperature. I ended up wearing the bathrobe they supply in order to not feel like I was catching a cold.

There clearly has been or still is an issue with the thermostat in that room. Again, if you could kindly inform me the room number and I will get the temperature issue fixed.

Thank you again. On your next trip to Helsinki I would be happy to take care of your reservation personally.

Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager
tero.thynell@klauskhotel.com
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Quirky, intimate and reliable in quality - the boutique hotel in modern Scandinavian style is my new regular haunt in Helsinki. The organic, regional breakfast buffet is a real joy. Room decor can be a bit dark in atmosphere but the total experience has always been fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
hotelife, Owner at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Dear random adventurer, I very much appreciate you making the time to write your review. We try to surprise our guests with fun and interesting touches while remaining reliable and professional. I look forward to welcoming you back. All the best, Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Sospel, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

A very nice design hotel in the center of town. The rooms were very well equipped and the bathroom was big enough and clean. Staff was friendly, breakfast is nice with more than enough choice. The hotel is in the middle of town, lots of good restaurants and pubs in the neighborhood. Central station is about 10 minutes by food.

Prices are reasonable, its a nice price quality.

Room Tip: The rooms at the street site are also very quiet, very good isolation.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
TeroThynell, Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear HugodelaR,
Thank you very much for your comments. I am extremely happy to learn that you could see and feel the every day hard work of our Refresh-team to keep the rooms and public spaces in immaculate condition.
I wish that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Tero Thynell, Rooms Manager

Been to Klaus K Hotel? Share your experiences!