“Great location.. killer breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bulevardi 2-4, Helsinki 00120, Finland   |
Ranked #8 of 66 hotels in Helsinki
GreenLeadersGold level
DC
“Great location.. killer breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I stayed here for a couple of days in March while on a business trip to Helsinki.

The hotel is very nice - great design, the rooms are smallish but nicely designed and comfortable. The bathroom was fantastic with great toiletries. The hotel's breakfast buffet chockful of locally sourced ingredients was awesome! We pigged out everyday morning. The staff was very friendly - promptly arranging cabs, drawing out maps and pointing out key sights. The hotel is located bang in the center of the city - so every place is easily accessible, if not walkable. There's a tram/light rail line that runs right outside and there's a variety of shopping etc nearby.

There is a nice italian restaurant in the hotel that serves simple, good meals (I think it is called Toscanini). Overall a very nice place to stay, whether you're on business or sightseeing.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a work desk
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Dear FrugaltravelerDC,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! Our breakfast is very unique and I am so happy to read that you found it a pleasure to experience. Celebrating what are some of the best things in Finland - hyper pure food - is a rewarding part of my job. I hope I may have the chance to welcome you back personally if you return to Helsinki! If so, I would be happy to help in any way. My contact info: marc.skvorc@klauskhotel.com.
All the best,
Marc Skvorc, General Manager

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Finnish first
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

The hotel is very trendy, cool staff and great location in the design district and walking distance to the main attractions. The restaurant is very nice, good breakfast and all with ittala glassware. Cool bar downstairs, great italian restaurant, wifi included and the only inconvenience is that the sauna is not always available because is located in the meeting rooms..but they also have a 24h fitness room. Great amenities in the bathroom, everything very ecological.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear pcanes8,
Thank you for writing your review about Klaus K! You are very complimentary and seemed to really pick up on a lot of the details I have selected. My intention is to create an uncomplicated yet inspiring atmosphere, celebrating Finland with a contemporary touch. If you are returning to Helsinki, I hope I may have a chance to welcome you back personally. If I may be of any assistance, please contact me at: marc.skvorc@klauskhotel.com.
All the best,
Marc Skvorc, General Manager
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

we stayed at the Klaus K hotel earlier this month. great little boutique hotel in the heart of helsinki just a short walk from the airport drop off. very clean and tidy room and our special requests prior to arriving were taken into consideration. staff were very helpfull indeed on the reception helping us plan a visit the nearby Alvar Aalto house (which is must). Breakfast good however slightly limiting. unfortunately there are two factors that were not to the hotel standard. the Nightclub on the ground floor was a little loud and you could hear the base even on the 5th floor. also the hotels restaurant (toscanini) was a big dissapointment.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
hotelife, General Manager at Klaus K Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Hello and thank you for writing your comments in Trip Advisor! I am happy to see that you recommend the hotel but of course I am though very disappointed that you were inconvenienced by the sound of our bar and our restaurant didn't meet your expectations. We strive to provide a comfortable environment with a lively scene for our guests but obviously we don't want to keep people awake either. Regarding the restaurant, it would be very helpful to receive more details about your experience because I normally receive accolades from service to food quality. I am very interested to improve so if you could kindly email me or call it would be appreciated. My name is Marc Skvorc, I am the General Manager and owner of the business. My telephone is +358409003711 or email marc.skvorc@klauskhotel.com.
Thank you very much.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Only stayed one night on a business trip, but the place exudes style throughout the hotel. The single room was not huge and did not have a desk, but it was very stylish, nice telly, classy toileteries and very comfortable bed. Staff were friendly, dinner in the Tuscan (not overly Finnish..) restaurant was excellent and the bar area is also very fun. Great wines and friendly staff too. Good location slap in the heart of town.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Klaus K! In addition, I appreciate the fact that you recommend our hotel to others. It is my intention to provide all our guests with a glimpse of something a little different in the sea of modern hotels and it appears as though you caught my message. If you are ever in need of assistance in Helsinki, please feel free to contact me directly. My name is Marc Skvorc, my telephone is +358409003711 and email is marc.skvorc@klauskhotel.com. All the best!
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

A swak hotel on the outside, and a friendly staff. Good restaurant next to the hotel. The decor in our room was an odd ecletic mix. The chi chi chairs were uncomfortable. There was no iron so we could NOT iron our clothes but had to send our clothes out to be dry cleaned, which is absurd. There needs to be a simple iron in these rooms! This is NOT Italy! There should have been writing paper and stationary envelopes. Design should not mean cutting back economically and then calling the cutbacks CHIC. Also, while I had heard a lot about the breakfast there, we were disappointed. Too much fish, and the eggs (in a stewing pot) were liquidy. You had to pay extra for bacon or omlettes or pancakes, etc. Outrageous! At less expensive and NON DESIGN hotels every form of breakfast is included, but NOT at KLausK. The coffee seemed weak or strange. I did love the vitamin body lotions, however, but I would change that in a heartbeat for a simple room IRON to press our clothes!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, I am very sorry to hear that you would not recommend my hotel for others. One major point we obviously fell short on was communication. We have plenty of irons/boards for guests in the hotel but choose not to place them in rooms in order to prevent added clutter. I am very sorry for this. As you mentioned your disappoint in our breakfast, I am again very sorry. My team and I take a great deal of pride in what we present our guests and have been recognized for celebrating The Best of Finland for many years now. We obviously fell short again though on your expectations. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our friendly team. I lead the design with our interior design firm and assure you the intention was not to cut but rather to include only smart items for our rooms. I have taken your comments very seriously and will evaluate our breakfast and room amenity offerings. Thank you very much.
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Very nice design hotel in a boutique in the middle of it all (if there's something like that in this fairly small city).
Very nice and friendly staff, smaller but ok gym, great breakfast (awful coffee though), free wi-fi, a hidden treasure is the sauna and relax that is free of charge down the street some 20 meters. Busy bar at the weekends, ok Italian food in the in-house restaurant. But why no Swedish TV-chanels???

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your constructive comments! I appreciate that you recommend my hotel to others. You tap into several areas of the experience I offer our guests which tells me we have done something right. I am disappointed that you were not satisfied with our coffee or the size of the gym. Since your review, I have evaluated our coffee offering and I feel that it has improved. Regarding the Swedish channel, we do have one and I don't know why it wasn't available when you were here. I do hope that you would consider returning in the future and if you do, please contact me directly. My name is Marc Skvorc, General Manager, tel. +358409003711 email marc.skvorc@klauskhotel.com. Thank you very much!
Scandinavia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

Stayed at Klaus K for one night.
Although the hotel meets the design-qualities you might come to expect, it lacks a lot of basic elements of a proper hotel.

First, we had an Envy Plus room with a king size bed and bath tub. Nice and open space, high ceiling and very stylish. However, the room faced the street where trams went by quite frequently. Also, the night club could be heard well even on the 4th floor. This did not exactly help for sleep quality, therefore the low rating.

Second, there were almost no bath room accessories available, and the reception was not able to provide them either (if they even answered). We had no soap (empty bottles), no vanity kits, no bath foam and so on. It's a bit nitpicking, but having travelled a lot, you come to expect these sort of things in a hotel, and when they aren't there it feels wrong.

All in all, Klaus K is a nice hotel, superb location, but sleep quality and "the details" were not spot on.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple