“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki

You added Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ruoholahdenranta 3, Helsinki 00180, Finland (Formerly Radisson SAS) (Kampinmalmi)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Helsinki
Mercer, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I thought the rooms were very nice and clean with comfortable beds. The breakfast was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the swing in the lobby and the tram stop was right out front which was convenient. The only bad thing was that there was no drinking water available unless you bought their very expensive bottles. We were used to having iced pitchers or a water cooler to fill our bottles in the other hotels we stayed on this trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear user terripat802,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Seaside and for giving us feedback of your stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, the buffet breakfast and were also satisfied with the service.

I apologize that you experienced the drinking water situation difficult. The bottled water is sold only as the tap water is perfectly drinkable, like almost everywhere in Finland, and we also have ice available without extra cost from the ice machine (in case tap water is not cold enough).

We hope we will get to welcome you and your friends back again here at Seaside in the future! Have a very nice summer!

Best regards,
Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I'm a professor at a junior college in Oslo, Norway. Every other year, the entire staff goes abroad for a few days to visit a major European city. This year it was Helsinki. We stayed at The Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel Helsinki. I will, of course only speak for myself, but I had the most curious experience. The check-in was somewhat chaotic, the hotel staff being very little accomodating.
That changed during our stay, and we found the staff in general to be very nice. At our room we found a booklet, a menu, with 4-5 options of what kind of mattress, duvet, and pillow you would prefer. It sounded a bit "over the top", and too god to be true; and indeed, it was. The first night was really uncomfortable, so we thought we would give the "sleeping menu" a try, only to discover that they only had two options in bedding: too hard or too soft. We are normally better with too hard, so we chose this possibility.
I don't think I ever come across antything quite so silly looking, and disappointing at the same time as this "bed menu".
The breakfast was great, and the staff really nice most of the time.
I still, though, find it surprising that if you are feeling unwell, as I was after the first night, my roommate was not allowed to fetch me breakfast. It had to be done via room-service. Read: more money.
I'm a wheelchair-user who has travelled extensively, but never experienced a hotel such as this; it promises you the world, but you are not allowed to bring an egg and a cup of coffee from the breakfast room!

Stayed April 2014
Dear user Flyer747,

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. We appreciate the feedback you have given us.

Regarding your experience with the breakfast, I find it curious as well. Without knowing more of this particular incident, I suspect there has been some sort of a misunderstanding on our staff’s side as in the situation you explained, your roommate should have been allowed to bring you some breakfast to the room. I have forwarded your feedback directly to our Food & Beverage Manager who will see to this and revise with the personnel how a situation like described above should be handled. I sincerely apologize, that in your case the situation was not handled as smoothly as it should have been.

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you once more for your feedback and for staying at the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel. I hope that despite the incidents faced during your stay, you had a nice visit to Helsinki. I wish you a pleasant summer time!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Radisson Blu offers great accommodation, free bikes and an outstanding lunch time buffet at a price that can't be beaten. The staff were very friendly, the service was excellent and the room was perfect.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear user Arthur R,

Thank you for reviewing the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel and for giving us excellent rating here on TripAdvisor! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend here with us and were happy with the service as well as the product.

Thank you once more for staying with us, we hope to get to welcome you back to Seaside also in the future. Have a nice summer time!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed 3 nights and here are the greatest things: the tram lines run right in front which are easy to navigate and get you to town, the water view, the wifi is good, the breakfast is outstanding with everything you could desire and I was extremely happy each morning, and the front desk clerks were super helpful and friendly. The things that need improvement, considering it is a Radisson: The rooms were a little dated, and it was hard to get bottled or filtered water. We had to filter our own or pay for water in the lobby which was very expensive. A big water cooler on each floor would have been very courteous for foreign travelers with delicate stomach issues. I feel like I was expecting something really remarkable being a seaside splurge, but the rooms did not wow me. However, Helsinki did WOW me with the people, the scenery, dining, convenient transportation, bilingual ease, and I will be back someday.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear user Jennifer R,

Thank you very much for your nice review and kind words. We do appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvement too. It makes us very glad to hear that we succeeded in providing you with a pleasant stay here in Helsinki and that you are also willing to return. Thank you once more on behalf of the entire staff at Seaside.

We hope to see you as a returning guest also here at the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel!

Wishing you a lovely summer time,
Mari Suhonen,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for two nights. While it is next to the number 6 and 9 tram lines, when travelling in from the airport it is best to get the bus into the central railway station and then a taxi. The hotel is a bit dated but the rooms are adequate. I had a room overlooking the water and it was clean. Wi-fi was intermittent and there was no milk in the mini bar to go with tea/coffee. Breakfast was buffet style and catered for all tastes with hot food, continental, fruit, cereals, bread and pastries. The hotel is not in the centre of town but is only a short tram ride away. The centre is about 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear user Tony M,

Thank you for reviewing us! It is nice to see that you had a pleasant stay here at the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you here again as our guest. Have a nice summer time!

With best regards,
Claremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Seaside for 2 nights in Helsinki. It is not exactly centrally located, if that's what you're looking for. It requires a tram ride (or a 30-40 minute walk or an expensive taxi) to get to the town center and central market/harbor areas. (Next time, I think I'd opt for something closer to the train station.) The front desk personnel were helpful and willing to give directions to anywhere you'd want to go. The room itself was pretty spacious (by European standards). I removed one star from my rating for the following reasons: my room was not all that clean (there were stray hairs - not mine - in various locations around the room) and the bed even had a hand print indent on it as if someone had just gotten up from sitting on it, the walls were rather thin and I kept hearing bathroom noises from the room above mine, and lastly the phone/alarm went off at midnight (shouldn't the maids check that those are shut off after each guest leaves?). I even wondered if the room had been used for a nap by a maid before I arrived (?), since I checked in rather late. I will say the hotel security system seemed great (required card key access everywhere), and the breakfast was extensive and delicious. Free wi-fi worked well overall.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear user DRBTravels,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Radisson Blu Seaside hotel. We are happy to see that you were satisfied with our service. However, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. I do hope you still had an enjoyable visit to Helsinki overall.

In case you are travelling in the area in the future, we would be happy to welcome you back to Seaside! Have a lovely summer time!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I agree with other reviewers, the hotel is somewhat dated and the rooms and the carpets in the aisles need updating. The same is true for the gym with the machines quite tired and some of them not working. However, I liked the fact that the room had a comfortable bed, minibar, coffee/tea making and ironing facilities, The breakfast was very good, the staff helpful and friendly, wireless internet for free.
I had nothing against the location, it is around 15 mins walk to the centre, the tram stops in front of the hotel and goes every ten minutes. It takes you to the centre and to the train station really fast and comfortably. Ferry terminal to Tallin is 10 mins walk away. Sauna is a nice touch.
So, if the price was right, I would definitely go back rather than paying top dollar in the newer Radissons in the centre.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Recepti0n, Service Manager at Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear user Liv V,

We appreciate you taking the time and reviewing our hotel. Thank you for your feedback and your nice comments. It is good to see that our hotel's location was convenient for you and that we were able to provide you with everything you needed for a pleasant stay.

Hopefully next time when you visit our hotel, your stay will be even better than the first time around. We look for to seeing you here again. Have a lovely summer time!

Service Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Seaside Hotel, Helsinki? Share your experiences!