“Almost terrible” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Nepali
Espoo, Finland
“Almost terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I had exactly the same situation as "Anis P" wrote in the previous review! We had a "pay one, get two" offer coupon in them belongs starter, main dish and dessert. I spent with a friend of mine in the restaurant almost 3 hours because we had a lot to talk about. In those 3 hours the place was totally empty, only two of us set there... and I don´t wonder why. The food was okay but we never got the dessert what was promised in the deal!! Otherwise the restaurant from inside looks awful, the waiter is slow and does not speak Finnish well (English neither) and he just doesn´t care about guests. And at the end I paid 12€!!! for a glass of red wine! What a ridiculous and outrageous price in a restaurant like this. Sorry but there is not even one good thing I could tell about this place! My advice: eat somewhere else and AVOID!

• Visited February 2014

• Finnish first
Vantaa, Finland
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had an offer coupon pay one get two meals. Service was very slow and the waiter only gave us two choises instead of tree. We got the third choise when we asked for it. Dessert should have been coffee, tea and ice cream but waiter only offered tea or coffee. When we asked for the ice cream waiter told us that it is not included. At home I checked the deal and ice cream should have been included. Food was okey.

• Visited February 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“basic nepalese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

There is probably more than a dozen nepalese restaurants in the Helsinki area, and most that I´ve visited seemed very similar. Usually attentive service and tasty food and so was the case with Jun-Tara when visited. The restaurant was almost empty on sunday afternoon. I found the menu I bit confusing and the food was what you can expect. Quite a mainstream experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
“Doesn't deserve 5 stars at all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

For our last night in Helsinki, we were looking for a nice restaurant and headed to Jun Tara based on its ranking.

We had a bad surprise.

First, we had to wait like 2 minutes before one guy welcomed us and placed us to a table.

There was only one set of cuttelry and while we would have expected the waiter to set the table for two instantly, he wasn't as swift as we thought.

The corner where we sat was more or less clean.

After having ordered, we had to wait 35 minutes. My wife was starving when waiting. We hesitated to pay the beer already served and leave.

The food, and a plate/glass/cuttlery for my wife finally came after such a painful waiting.

The food was OK but not exceptional.

I directly went to pay instead of waiting for the bill.

We will not return to this restaurant for sure.

As a conclusion, we do not recommend at all Jun Tara to anyone.

• Visited August 2013
Vaasa, Finland
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I haven't eaten many Nepalese dishes before but after this I will! I highly recommend the homemade fresh cheese in spinach sause - one of the best tastes I've ever had. The service was good and friendly too.

• Visited June 2013