“A funky way to enjoy simple pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Helsinki, Finland
“A funky way to enjoy simple pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My friend and I tried Putte's after I saw it advertised for an event in it's basement. The location is superb, just off Mannerheimintie (main street of town). Walking in, the ambiance was good with low lighting, simple furnishings and a nice buzz from the patrons (it was almost full). We got a table and sat down before we were told we had to order at the bar. This was a bit disappointing but I guess it's because counter-service is the in thing right now and this place clearly wants to be in the edge. We each had the margherita, I coupled it with a Peroni (perfect for pizza and hard to find in HKI!) and my partner had a wine. The food came and we dug in and it was excellent. The taste of the pizza, while simple, was delicious. I didn't stop eating until the whole thing was gone. The prices are up on the expensive side, but the place is not your local kebab joint dishing out sloppy fast food.It's a nice place to eat great pizza and we'll be back, also to check out the bar downstairs.

• Visited November 2012

71% Recommend
Antwerp, Belgium
“Okay pizza, nice place but unfriendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Pizza tasted good! You have to order your drinks and food at the bar. Nice atmosphere but we thought the staff isn't that friendly.

Helsinki, Finland
“Pizzalissimo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I've been here a couple of times and wish the limited choice menu would change more often. Having said that, I've enjoyed both the pizzas and the salads of Putte's. The place can get rather noisy when full and attention should be paid to noise control and acoustics. Wish there was table service for diners.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rethymnon, Greece
“Nice Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

REally good place for pizza in Helsinki. It was really tasty. I am not a pizza expert but I liked it. If i go again in Helsinki I would go there again. I do not remember exactly the prices but I think it was normal.

• Visited September 2012
Rome, Italy
“Finally real pizza in Helsinki!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We have tried many pizzerias here since our arrival from Italy some months ago and it has pretty much always ended up a disappointment. Having said that, this place gave us a positive suprise. The pizza was thin, crispy and tasty- in sharp contrast to the mushy, cake-like versions that we encountered so far. The menu is a short one, there are I believe only 5 pizzas to choose from. We had the classic Margherita (mozzarella+tomato+basil) and a Quattro Formaggi which both proved to be delicious. I wish there had been more choices available like, maybe, with prosciutto crudo, sausages and funghi or the alike, but maybe thats pushing it. Next time I will go for the salami pizza. Besides the pizza, there were only salads, maybe the menu could be somewhat enlarged to add choices. The place itself, is trendy and there really is not waiter to take your order, just walk up to the counter and place your order, and while there grab your silverware-

• Visited October 2012