“Food and sightseeing in good company!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 77 Activities in Helsinki
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: HELSINKI FOOD TOUR - compact 2.5 hours walking tour including city center top sights, Finnish food and drink tastings and shopping possibility.Minimum for one person, 80 eur/person.
Helsinki, Finland
“Food and sightseeing in good company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had never been on "food sightseeing" tour but it turned out to be a far better experience than I had anticipated! Our lovely tour guide, Anna, did a great job at making everyone feel like she was our friend who was giving us a tour of her favourite places in the city while also explaining us bits of the history around us. Having lived in Helsinki for many years now I still had the experience of a tourist who was seeing the town in a new light. It was definitely worth the money (considering also the price level in Helsinki). I would recommend this to anyone who isn't into those historical tours around the city but still would like to hear some insights on the country while tasting some great dishes.

Visited May 2013

Northern New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Fun change of pace tour in Helsinki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We did the Culinary Quarters tour of various cafes, restaurants and grocery stores on a Friday afternoon in Helsinki. Not only did we taste some delicious things, but we also got some insights on Finnish food, culture, and the people. My only regret was that we didn't do the tour earlier in our visit so we could take advantage of all the places we experienced. A beer tasting at the end, so this is not suitable for underage visitors, but there is a tour available for all ages. Our guide Veera was wonderful.

Visited May 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Good Food & Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The Food Sightseeing tour was a great opportunity for me as a first time visitor to Helsinki to get a sense for Finnish food, taste a couple of new dishes, and see a few sights along the way. Anna did a great job of telling us about the restaurants, dishes, and answering any questions we had. I had a great time and would definitely recommend the tour to others!

7 attraction reviews
“Food Sightseeing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Many thanks for this well-organized Food Sightseeing trip. I had bought the event for myself as a birthday presen tand I must say it was a good deal. We visited several restaurants and cafes I had never been before although I'm a Helsinkian. The food samples we were offered were very tasty and the guide surely knew her duties. And I met some very lovely people, too! High-five!

Helsinki, Finland
“Good mix of food places in Helsinki”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Helsinki Food Tour was a great way to see very nice examples of Helsinki's food culture. I liked that the places (restaurants, cafes, market place, bakery, shop etc.) were selected by their uniqueness and they all had a story to tell. I definitely recommend the tour. Maybe I could have eaten a little bit more but didn't stay hungry either. Tanja was a great host!