Came into Helsinki for a 3-day visit with no firm plans on what I was going to do, so I looked for something around the central railway station as that is usually a good bet in Europe.
After comparing options the HI seemed to have best combination of location and price/room type for what I wanted. I wasn't eager to stay at an HI as I think of it as an extension of American mediocrity, but I went with it in spite of my feelings. I booked an Executive King. Since I arrived just before the Summer Evening Holiday (when everyone leaves town for summer homes) the price actually went down 30% over the course of my stay (Tue-Fri).
The hotel is right on the square looking at the train station and the airport bus stops 50 metres away from the front door. The trams (most of them) stop in front of the train station and buses are all over, so transportation choice depends on where you are going!
The room was clean, good-sized, nice Scandinavian beds, internet available, and water bottle were free since it was an "executive" room.
Noise was not a problem and I slept OK. Didn't use the restaurant since brekkie wasn't included.
I recommend this as an option if you are coming, just overlook the HI branding and it looks like any other European hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre Hotel Helsinki
- Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Helsinki
- Helsinki Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre hotel and you will find yourself in the middle of all the business, excitement and entertainment of Helsinki City. This modern hotel lies in the heart of Helsinki next to the main Railway Station joining modern and historical architecture together conveniently. Holiday Inn offers perfect facilities for business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers comfortable rooms. Staying with us you will be able to enjoy the good quality and core services of Holiday Inn. The hotel contains state-of-the-art rooms including comfortable amenities, high-speed internet access, Business Center and WIFI wireless internet hot-spot. For relaxing there is a Finnish Sauna and Minigym. For wining and dining you can choose Restaurant Verde. Stepping outside of the hotel, there is a large selection of sights, shops, restaurants, museums and places of interest just in the neighbourhood. Stockmann department store, Market Square, Helsinki Music Centre, Finlandia Hall, Kiasma and Ateneum Art Museum just to name a few. If you are planning to visit other cities and regions nearby, you will find public transportation, local buses, trains and even metro in the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel. Or perhaps you would choose the tram to take you on a short sightseeing tour.Whether travelling on business or leisure, welcome to enjoy the Finnish hospitality at Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.