I stay in Holiday Inn Helsinki for 2 nights in late Oct 2012. The hotel location is good, you can take the Finn Air airport bus (fare at Euro 1.60 p/way) and it stop at the end of the bus terminal where the hotel is just cross opposite. There is also a railway station diagonally opposite the hotel which you can travel to any outskirt cities of Finland. Shopping centre are within walking distance from the hotel so is actually quite easy to move around. Never visit Helsinki over the weekend coz the shop closed early on Saturday and do not open on Sunday, not even the local sightseeing tour or attraction places. I happened to stay over the weekend so you can imagine that I can't do anything except shopping during the opening hour and most of the time stay in the hotel room to serve internet, fortunate that they provide free wifi in room. As we went in late Oct, the weather is cold around 5-7 degrees so the air condition in the room is off so is the air ventilation, the room is very stuffy & window sealed. Luckily they do provide us with a fan so at least we have some air to "breathe" We are glad we just stayed 2 nights and move on to Rovaniemi for our early Xmas celebration before heading to Barcelona.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre Hotel Helsinki
- Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre Hotel
- Holiday Inn Helsinki
- Helsinki Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre hotel and you will find yourself in the middle of all the business, excitement and entertainment of Helsinki City. This modern hotel lies in the heart of Helsinki next to the main Railway Station joining modern and historical architecture together conveniently. Holiday Inn offers perfect facilities for business and leisure travellers. The hotel offers comfortable rooms. Staying with us you will be able to enjoy the good quality and core services of Holiday Inn. The hotel contains state-of-the-art rooms including comfortable amenities, high-speed internet access, Business Center and WIFI wireless internet hot-spot. For relaxing there is a Finnish Sauna and Minigym. For wining and dining you can choose Restaurant Verde. Stepping outside of the hotel, there is a large selection of sights, shops, restaurants, museums and places of interest just in the neighbourhood. Stockmann department store, Market Square, Helsinki Music Centre, Finlandia Hall, Kiasma and Ateneum Art Museum just to name a few. If you are planning to visit other cities and regions nearby, you will find public transportation, local buses, trains and even metro in the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel. Or perhaps you would choose the tram to take you on a short sightseeing tour.Whether travelling on business or leisure, welcome to enjoy the Finnish hospitality at Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.