“Sunday brunch” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Helsinki, Finland
“Sunday brunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a Sunday brunch. Arrived around 12.

Sushi was dry and salmon bits were smallest I've ever seen on a sushi.

Chicken was dry and tasteless. We sat there for 25 minutes and then left - to another restaurant..

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

22% Recommend
“Sunday brunch. Totally disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I had a Sunday brunch 9.2013. I've never seen "half-sushi" before. Picture a half of giant tiger prawn on rice! Whaaaatta? Other salty food wasn't bad, but at the same time I wouldn't call it good. I've eaten better.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
“Sunday brunch not worth of the value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am food tour guide in Helsinki and therefore I am going to different places to find out what could I recommend to my clients.

This time I was having Sunday brunch with my friend, their Sunday lunch includes sushi, dim sum and other salty treats.

Our table reservation was 11 o´clock. Most of people started their brunch at 12 and sushi table was almost empty for the first hour. They only had like couple of fresh looking sushis. By the time we finished our dessert they started to load nice and fresh looking sushis on table but it was too late for us.

Bruch is 16 euros and I think with that money you can get much better value in some where else. Unfortunately I can´t recommend.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Naantali, Finland
“Lunch buffet on the better side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Asia 1 has a nice location by the waterfront and its lunch buffet is well worth its price. The starters include quite ok sushi and the warm buffet offers some 6-8 warm dishes that have a more original taste than at most of the "adjusted"asian restaurants in Helsinki usually offer. The frequent Asian bus loads of Asian tourists witness the authenticity of the food. But don't worry, the groups usually have their own set menus and don not queue to the buffet table. http://www.ravintolaasia.fi/

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aland Island, Finland
“Pleasant surprise can be quite disappointing after all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The restaurant is Ravintola Asia I, difficult to locate even though located at such scenic structure over-looking the lake side inter-wined with a gasoline station. Groupon ticket was the lead to this facility, first impression tech savy. Couples, a relaxing place, Tech savy, you will enjoy it the most.
The service was good, well guided and repeated attendance to know how we were managing with the meal, I like that. The staffs themselves are also quite young and can sometimes be transfixed to their PC's....... I and my family enjoyed the scenery but I would not recommend it for a family with kids: It is not family friendly period.

It was a hotpot buffet menu, unlike anything I have ever seen, my wife was so surprised and perplexed but overall quite satisfied even-though the environment patience was waxing thinnest for our child's disturbance. It is amazing that in a modern restaurant, you can actually cook the food you will eat by yourself aided.
For those who have no cooking skills and has tea making as the only acquired skill, you better not attempt, it can be embarrassing especially on a first date if your partner pays attention to your cooking abilities.

We had upward of twenty buffet menu to order, ranging from Chicken, Beef, Mutton, Fish fillets, Shrimp, Ham, Fishballs, Beef meatballs, Crab stick, Squid, Chicken meatballs, Mushroom, Champignon, Egg dumpling, Tofu, Vermicelli, Bean sprouts, Lotus root, Saladleaves, Potato, all fresh and uncooked at a cost of 27 eur/person. I think this is very good considering the number of menu and price.

All will be cooked by you given a small stove cooker, lighted and a pot of water and you do the cooking and eat while cooking, amazing. It is fun and breathtaking. I try to overcome my disappointment with the scenic view of the menu when placed on our table. It was good, at least looking good.

The pot of water is pre-selected ahead of time given the base you want: Spicy sichuan soup base, Clear soup base, Satay soup base. Dips were also served ranging from: Sesame-peanut sauce, Sichuan chilisauce, Oystersauce, Barbecue sauce, Spicy tomatosauce. I recommend oystersauce or babecue sauce.

And finally desert, I could not ask for more. The location is awkward but with scenic view when inside, The staffs were friendly given repeated assists request, the price was good given the twenty menu list with water and desert inclusive, the atmosphere is relaxed with good setting arrangement, family friendliness is near zero and needs attention, Warm cover at the entrance during the winter period is a plus in care of customers, I like to chose where I sit and I had that opportunity....good, a more detailed explanation on what to expect during cooking and taste that comes with soup base sauce given what selection is made would be quite appropriate. I recommend.

• Visited March 2012